Homeschool kids

Babagounj

Strength through joy
RV Travel on a Budget: A Mother and Son's Guide to Roadschooling the USA.
https://www.amazon.com/RV-Travel-Budget-Mother-Roadschooling/dp/0692825738

Now this kid was able to visit a lot of states as they rode around the country. They also have visited other countries on a tight budget.
He started doing College classes at 15.
Plans on having his degree before age 20.

He entered a contest to give a Ted Talk and won one of the spots.
Sadly the friend who told him about it, wasn't a winner.

cachmeifucan

Buddy. No one is trying to tear you down.
If You want your kids in the school system, more power to you. No one here is saying that is the wrong choice for your family.
But pretending it is the only valid way is just silly.
No grow a pair and tell your kid to stop crippling their kids and put them in a good school. I'm sure you love them but by lying to them telling them it's OK is not ok.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
So why didn't graduate college or even go to college you could of went to the college bookstore and bought and read the same books. So your kid who does not have a degree is educating others. Doesn't make sense. Teachers are educated in teaching to others. If someone went to college got a degree and then didn't go out and get a job is strange.
I know a gal who graduated from Yale with a PHD.
Her job?
Stays home, raises , home schools her kids.
Must have figured out what makes sense and is important.

cachmeifucan

My sister had a brain tumor and was home schooled for a couple years after other medical complications she was book smart and social because she was in private and public school her whole life. Now she still has medical problems and goes to the same small town doctors and I tell her all the time get a new doctor at a better hospital that has a better education and better resources.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I work with a kid that was home schooled and as soon as he told me he was home school everything clicked in my head why he's a little slow. Nice kid but strange and lacks confidence
My ad hoc experiences have been exactly the opposite.
The home-schooled kids and adults are respectful of others and very smart.
Maybe not street-smart but then street-smart kids have a stronger tendency to be criminals.

cachmeifucan

RV Travel on a Budget: A Mother and Son's Guide to Roadschooling the USA.
https://www.amazon.com/RV-Travel-Budget-Mother-Roadschooling/dp/0692825738

Now this kid was able to visit a lot of states as they rode around the country. They also have visited other countries on a tight budget.
He started doing College classes at 15.
Plans on having his degree before age 20.

He entered a contest to give a Ted Talk and won one of the spots.
Sadly the friend who told him about it, wasn't a winner.
So they believe in the college education system but nothing else or do they just want the tax breaks. I take my kid all over the USA it's called spring break summer break winter break and long weekends. For parents that can afford to have 1 parent stay home is great but that person should have a degree from a college after teaching kids older then 12

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So why didn't graduate college or even go to college you could of went to the college bookstore and bought and read the same books. So your kid who does not have a degree is educating others. Doesn't make sense. Teachers are educated in teaching to others. If someone went to college got a degree and then didn't go out and get a job is strange.
Many towns and cities spend too much on schools. And it does not go to providing better schools, just bloated salaries for teachers and their Administration. There is a BIG lobby effort in gov't just for this. They are always screaming for more and more funds. Many schools have to ask their communities to provide the basic items; paper and pencils. Because there is no money left in the budget for them.
My small town's annual budget spends 40% towards the school ( only one school Pre-K, K-6 ) has 39 Staff members including a District Sup and a Principal for 147 students.

cachmeifucan

I definitely think the teachers pensions need to be looked at and renegotiated for new teachers. Graduate at 22 or 23. Get a teaching job work 30 years retired at 53. Usually teacher are healthy and not a physical career. Then they get huge pensions working about 8 months a year no weekends or holidays

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So they believe in the college education system but nothing else or do they just want the tax breaks. I take my kid all over the USA it's called spring break summer break winter break and long weekends. For parents that can afford to have 1 parent stay home is great but that person should have a degree from a college after teaching kids older then 12
Depends on the local School District, they have to approved every lesson plan.
Tax breaks ??
What planet are you living on ?
If you send your kids to a private school do you get any tax breaks ?
I think not.
Many kids are home schooled because their parents are former public school students. They know how bad public schools can be.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Many towns and cities spend too much on schools. And it does not go to providing better schools, just bloated salaries for teachers and their Administration. There is a BIG lobby effort in gov't just for this. They are always screaming for more and more funds. Many schools have to ask their communities to provide the basic items; paper and pencils. Because there is no money left in the budget for them.
My small town's annual budget spends 40% towards the school ( only one school Pre-K, K-6 ) has 39 Staff members including a District Sup and a Principal for 147 students.
Lol, my school district has a 1 billion dollar budget. No joke.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I definitely think the teachers pensions need to be looked at and renegotiated for new teachers. Graduate at 22 or 23. Get a teaching job work 30 years retired at 53. Usually teacher are healthy and not a physical career. Then they get huge pensions working about 8 months a year no weekends or holidays
Same for UPS drivers right? 30 years isn't good enough, work till 65 or you get nothing!