Homeschool kids

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
What kind of education does the parent who is homeschooling have? If that parent got a education then they should be using it to provide a better quality of life. 2 parents working is better then 1. So when the kids go to college what will the parent who's been at home 18 years do for a living work at Walmart
I don't care if the parent never made it to the 6th grade Jethro.
If they have computer, the sky is the limit.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
What kind of education does the parent who is homeschooling have? If that parent got a education then they should be using it to provide a better quality of life. 2 parents working is better then 1. So when the kids go to college what will the parent who's been at home 18 years do for a living work at Walmart
You certainly are opinionated.
Mostly wrong opinions.
But I respect your right to hold them anyway.

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't care if the parent never made it to the 6th grade Jethro.
If they have computer, the sky is the limit.
When I was growing up (and probably for you also) homeschooling was rarely done. Not sure when things changed but they made it a lot easier to do and I was really surprised how little it cost.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When I was growing up (and probably for you also) homeschooling was rarely done. Not sure when things changed but they made it a lot easier to do and I was really surprised how little it cost.
In all honesty most parents shouldn't be homeschooling, but no one should be able to make that decision for them.

cachmeifucan

Buddy. No one is trying to tear you down.
If You want your kids in the school system, more power to you. No one here is saying that is the wrong choice for your family.
But pretending it is the only valid way is just silly.
It's not the only way it's just better in the long run for a balanced education. If you want to home school kids for the first few years I understand they probably will be smarter until about 5th grade but then your kids in school with kids that he or she can't relate to. Then parents have to decide are they going to home school the whole way. So are you saying your kid didn't graduate college.

cachmeifucan

Today's home schooled kids are getting higher scores in college than non home schooled students. Look up the stats, yourself.
Book smarts don't always work in the real world. You should have the right to choose but the choice should be move to a place with good schools even if you have to downsize

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
It's not the only way it's just better in the long run for a balanced education. If you want to home school kids for the first few years I understand they probably will be smarter until about 5th grade but then your kids in school with kids that he or she can't relate to. Then parents have to decide are they going to home school the whole way. So are you saying your kid didn't graduate college.
You are massively ignorant.
As stated before, I was homeschooled.
Have taken college courses.
Did not have a hard time socializing with my peers.
Did far better than the average student in my classes.
Your opinions have little basis in fact.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A lot of people are doing that now. They probably get a better education but miss out on socialization. They need to be involved in activities with other kids to replace what they would have gotten from schools.
Wrong. They get plenty of socializing. There are many different groups that arrange play dates and combined outings. One groups I knew of even had a regular scheduled Nerf War set up. A good thing about home schooling is that the student can focus on which ever subject they like.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If I would have home schooled my children they would have ended up lumping parcels and experts on everything from finance, politics and virus containment.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Home schooled kids have to take the same standardized tests that schooled children take. Many school Districts mandate this. Also all lesson plans have to be pre-approved by the local school district.

cachmeifucan

So why didn't graduate college or even go to college you could of went to the college bookstore and bought and read the same books. So your kid who does not have a degree is educating others. Doesn't make sense. Teachers are educated in teaching to others. If someone went to college got a degree and then didn't go out and get a job is strange.