Hour Lunch is No More

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just got told we have to take just a 1/2 hour meal. New England Feeder.
I kinda thought it would be optional....
I like my full hour, but I guess I'll still have it as I'll have to wait that 1/2 hour to go to my next pickup....
Must be a local thing. We get a choice here.

542thruNthru

I've decided this is a concession. Somewhere in the past, Teamsters fought for a one hour lunch, and now we've given it away..
We've given UPS a great tool for cutting a route, and adding a half hour work to everyone else in a Package center. Peak will be great, every Package driver gets 20 more stops than last year, and theyre not out any later.
I have no idea what they'll do in Feeders. On some jobs, it probably works that the driver will punch out half an hour earlier. But not all. How do you fill in half an hour downtime in Feeders? Have the guy shift for a while? That's a job change, let the bumping commence. Yuck...
Nah, it's not a concession. You see out here in the west we've only ever gotten 30 min and didn't think that was fair. I mean we do the same job but get less lunch! So the IBT decided to take 30min from you guys because we'll most of you don't take it anyways and give it to us. It's only right that you sacrifice your half to us!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I've decided this is a concession. Somewhere in the past, Teamsters fought for a one hour lunch, and now we've given it away..
We've given UPS a great tool for cutting a route, and adding a half hour work to everyone else in a Package center. Peak will be great, every Package driver gets 20 more stops than last year, and theyre not out any later.
I have no idea what they'll do in Feeders. On some jobs, it probably works that the driver will punch out half an hour earlier. But not all. How do you fill in half an hour downtime in Feeders? Have the guy shift for a while? That's a job change, let the bumping commence. Yuck...
If you have a night run and you need a nap to be able to make it back you might have to take an additional 1/2 hour meal. It’s a safety issue and really nothing they can do about it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Nah, it's not a concession. You see out here in the west we've only ever gotten 30 min and didn't think that was fair. I mean we do the same job but get less lunch! So the IBT decided to take 30min from you guys because we'll most of you don't take it anyways and give it to us. It's only right that you sacrifice your half to us!
Preach brother 542!!!

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
That's it, we're taking more pension money in 2028
1687880449716732.gif

Red Devil

The Power of Connected

Sadly a lot of drivers would rather have the 20 extra stops rather than a longer break. Puritan work ethic lol

Trucker Clock

The Central has always had only 30 min. Maybe we should take your 30 min so that we can have an hour.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Adding shifting is not a job change here but maybe in your parts. Weird how different things are across the country.

Trucker Clock

But it's unpaid.

We all know the Central only wants free stuff like the money of others.

The needs of the many out way the needs of the few.

The West did not need it. Others did.

You are still going to get your $1500/mo pension increase over the life of the contract based on $14/hr that UPS currently pays on your behalf. Far, far more than everybody else.

We only got $1000/ mo. Others not even that. You still have the best pension plan but won’t quit your bitching.

You‘re sounding like a whiny 11 year old school girl who doesn’t get her way.

My health benefits were reduced so that thousands of others benefits could be improved. Do you hear me bitching?