Hour Lunch is No More

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Not unless you pry it from @542thruNthru cold dead hands!
1693435383208765.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Nah, it's not a concession. You see out here in the west we've only ever gotten 30 min and didn't think that was fair. I mean we do the same job but get less lunch! So the IBT decided to take 30min from you guys because we'll most of you don't take it anyways and give it to us. It's only right that you sacrifice your half to us!
IMG_7258.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The needs of the many out way the needs of the few.

The West did not need it. Others did.

You are still going to get your $1500/mo pension increase over the life of the contract based on $14/hr that UPS currently pays on your behalf. Far, far more than everybody else.

We only got $1000/ mo. Others not even that. You still have the best pension plan but won’t quit your bitching.

You‘re sounding like a whiny 11 year old school girl who doesn’t get her way.

My health benefits were reduced so that thousands of others benefits could be improved. Do you hear me bitching?
IMG_6863.gif

JL 0513

I've decided this is a concession. Somewhere in the past, Teamsters fought for a one hour lunch, and now we've given it away..
We've given UPS a great tool for cutting a route, and adding a half hour work to everyone else in a Package center. Peak will be great, every Package driver gets 20 more stops than last year, and theyre not out any later.
I have no idea what they'll do in Feeders. On some jobs, it probably works that the driver will punch out half an hour earlier. But not all. How do you fill in half an hour downtime in Feeders? Have the guy shift for a while? That's a job change, let the bumping commence. Yuck...
Being a concession hadn't crossed my mind. It sounded as though the Union negotiated to make it 30 minutes because most drivers didn't want to waste time on road with a full hour. Most of us wouldn't take the full hour altogether. I'd split it into a lunch and a dinner at the end of day.

Would be nice to know which side actually wanted the change. It's one of those unusual issues that can be argued either way.

some1else

Banned
The West did not need it. Others did.

You are still going to get your $1500/mo pension increase over the life of the contract based on $14/hr that UPS currently pays on your behalf. Far, far more than everybody else.

We only got $1000/ mo. Others not even that. You still have the best pension plan but won’t quit your bitching.

You‘re sounding like a whiny 11 year old school girl who doesn’t get her way.

My health benefits were reduced so that thousands of others benefits could be improved. Do you hear me bitching?
Yes