Hour Lunch is No More

wayfair

swollen member
The southern gets at least 30 minutes and no more than 1 hour. AND you can't take more than 15 minutes AFTER your 8th hour.

(D) Meal Period - Package: Package drivers and 22.4 employees with less than three (3) hours of inside work will be allowed to take their meal period in no more than three (3) increments at their option provided the entire meal period no more than fifteen (15) minutes is taken by after the eighth (8th) hour of duty. Additionally, package drivers on a daily basis and at their discretion may select a meal period of no less than thirty (30) minutes and no more than one (1) hour, unless prohibited by State or Federal Law.
BOLD is supposed to me marked out.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The southern gets at least 30 minutes and no more than 1 hour. AND you can't take more than 15 minutes AFTER your 8th hour.

(D) Meal Period - Package: Package drivers and 22.4 employees with less than three (3) hours of inside work will be allowed to take their meal period in no more than three (3) increments at their option provided the entire meal period no more than fifteen (15) minutes is taken by after the eighth (8th) hour of duty. Additionally, package drivers on a daily basis and at their discretion may select a meal period of no less than thirty (30) minutes and no more than one (1) hour, unless prohibited by State or Federal Law.
BOLD is supposed to me marked out.
Feeders still required to take a full hour unless you're CPU or mileage.

Karma...

I think it's a great idea although people should have the choice of 15, 30, 45 or 60 depending on what duration fits into their particular schedule....flexibility is the way to adjust to changing and often hostile conditions.......

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Is your management enforcing that? I usually take 45 minutes and I haven't heard anything about it.
Yes. It's really dumb.
Seems every now and then the flavor of the week is bugging people to split it up 15/30/15 with the 30 at your turn around. That doesn't last long, I imagine it causes them more problems than they want.

govols019

You smell that?
Yes. It's really dumb.
Seems every now and then the flavor of the week is bugging people to split it up 15/30/15 with the 30 at your turn around. That doesn't last long, I imagine it causes them more problems than they want.
I do 15/30 but if I take my last 15 on the road I'll miss my arrival time and I sure as :censored2: ain't gonna sit in my tractor for 15 free minutes when I get back.

Leave and arrival times seem to be the flavor of the month here.

9.5mania

I think it's a great idea although people should have the choice of 15, 30, 45 or 60 depending on what duration fits into their particular schedule....flexibility is the way to adjust to changing and often hostile conditions.......
Managements pushing the full hr here in the south due to the heat this summer. I’m not sure how folks can only take 15 min with 115 degree heat index

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I do 15/30 but if I take my last 15 on the road I'll miss my arrival time and I sure as :censored2: ain't gonna sit in my tractor for 15 free minutes when I get back.
Ya I don't get bothered about the first 15 because I'm already late every day since nothing ever leaves here on time. I usually take a nice hour long nap on the way back.

If my turnaround holds me up I'll take 30 then code time out to central sort, and take the second 30 on the way back.
Leave and arrival times seem to be the flavor of the month here.
Same here.

over9five

Staff member
Just got told we have to take just a 1/2 hour meal. New England Feeder.
I kinda thought it would be optional....
I like my full hour, but I guess I'll still have it as I'll have to wait that 1/2 hour to go to my next pickup....

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
They are owned by a private equity fund
59C1ED43-9D81-45DF-8DE3-65D26DE8A844.gif

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I like my full hour, but I guess I'll still have it as I'll have to wait that 1/2 hour to go to my next pickup....

Yes that was why I made this thread because the union completely botched this language lol. The runners will continue to take zero lunch and the people who actually use their meal time are SOL.

over9five

Staff member
I've decided this is a concession. Somewhere in the past, Teamsters fought for a one hour lunch, and now we've given it away..
We've given UPS a great tool for cutting a route, and adding a half hour work to everyone else in a Package center. Peak will be great, every Package driver gets 20 more stops than last year, and theyre not out any later.
I have no idea what they'll do in Feeders. On some jobs, it probably works that the driver will punch out half an hour earlier. But not all. How do you fill in half an hour downtime in Feeders? Have the guy shift for a while? That's a job change, let the bumping commence. Yuck...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Have to get a big sack of Dunkin’s instead of stopping for that extra half hour