How Active is Your Local?

barnyard

KTM rider
Our BA is at my building (an outstate building) at least once a quarter. Every time that I have called him, he either answered or promptly returned the call. Our shop stewards both know the contract and both work hard to make sure that grievances are written correctly to insure a correct outcome.

There are regular union meetings, the union hall is a long hour from my building, so unless a person has an 8-hour request, attending a meeting is not going to happen. When members have asked for a meeting, the BA has done a good job finding a room and scheduling a meeting less than 10 minutes from the building.

People in my building really do not have anything to complain about. If they do, chances are, it is because they are not taking advantage of the contract.

Package Stick

"Send it."
My BA is very good, will get answers for you, and will also tell you if you're a :censored2: up (in private, closed doors).

We have 1 bad steward, he's a management pet.

My fellow "members" are :censored2:ing stupid. I'm in a RTW State and most of these people have no idea what the union does (I try to educate) and do not join.

Whither

Scofflaw
Only 2 out of 100 drivers here demanded 8 hrs last Christmas Eve ...pathetic!
🧔✊
I went out with 280 deliveries/400 pieces last year. Most of the center was very heavy here. With help I punched around 2000. Demanded my 8 on New Year's Eve, but the geniuses insisted that I give away 30 stops to a PVD anyway. They gave me a letterbox pickup run and I wound up sitting for an hour on the clock til I could start it lol

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I went out with 280 deliveries/400 pieces last year. Most of the center was very heavy here. With help I punched around 2000. Demanded my 8 on New Year's Eve, but the geniuses insisted that I give away 30 stops to a PVD anyway. They gave me a letterbox pickup run and I wound up sitting for an hour on the clock til I could start it lol
another fine example of a real union brother!
FLEX YOUR UNION MUSCLE!

🧔✊

Last edited: