How Bad Will Peak Be?

Realistically, How Bad Will Peak Be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bacha29

C’mon @59 Dano let’s start talking in circles, muddy the waters and impress us with your friend-ing metrics.
As a favor to a station manager, I got all of the vaccinations, a renewed medical card at my expense and surgically overhauled. I did so that this manager could use me as an example to ground contractors that simple ads will not fulfill their peak season labor needs. Instead they have to take whatever leads they catch wind of, go out and find that person and be willing to give that person everything the route makes just to fulfill their contractual obligations which are by far more important.

Maui

Looking at the situation at my station, most drivers there predict this Peak will be the worst Express has seen in many years. Not enough staff. Not enough vehicles for current and newly hired folks. Many other locations seem to be in a similar situation.

And Response is not going to be suspended because that would re-route three million pieces a day back to Memphis.
It will be bad. Worst in decades and most if not all markets will have rollover freight. Best to have a plan early for how to attack. The flight schedule should be available to show the plan. Usually the worst days have 90-120 minute planned delays so the crew doesn't just lose hours sitting and waiting.

Unless something is different INDH takes 75-90 minutes to changeover from the nightsort to sunrise and there's no room for error. Haven't seen the schedule, but hoping for positive pull from IND as often as possible.

Express does 6.5ish million/day worldwide. RESPONSE/Sunrise is more like 200-250K. Absolutely no way it puts 3m/day to MEM. Even if RESPONSE were suspended INDH would sort around the clock so even during peak it wouldn't amount to that.

vantexan

It will be bad. Worst in decades and most if not all markets will have rollover freight. Best to have a plan early for how to attack. The flight schedule should be available to show the plan. Usually the worst days have 90-120 minute planned delays so the crew doesn't just lose hours sitting and waiting.

Unless something is different INDH takes 75-90 minutes to changeover from the nightsort to sunrise and there's no room for error. Haven't seen the schedule, but hoping for positive pull from IND as often as possible.

Express does 6.5ish million/day worldwide. RESPONSE/Sunrise is more like 200-250K. Absolutely no way it puts 3m/day to MEM. Even if RESPONSE were suspended INDH would sort around the clock so even during peak it wouldn't amount to that.
It might not be too bad. There are a lot of container ships waiting off the Pacific coast. That's been an issue for months. If they can't get them unloaded in a timely manner there might not be enough products on the market to buy. Meanwhile China is having shortages in coal and electricity.

Serf

I think back to last year, we were actually in pretty good shape until we got hit with 27 inches of snow. Then routes started building with 450 stops, rollover, suspended on calls, inaccessible roads, etc.

Basement Dweller

Planes are late here by hour and half every single day for the past three weeks. 4-5 planes show up from MEM for us to process every single day. We've been over projection on volume by 30%. Peak might as well already be here now. I still haven't heard what they're going to do about Response. Sounds like something they're going to wait until the very last minute.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
62A9A9A5-B754-4171-A947-0D60E5EEE18D.jpeg
0176A990-F812-44E8-B134-8FABC32E6ADA.jpeg
We are in good hands,Raj and little Fred got it covered
I guess. 😆

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Latest gossip is FedEx implementing some combination of strict limits on shippers along with rationing of service to some degree in other ways. I wouldn't want to be a non-DOT courier.

MassWineGuy

Latest gossip is FedEx implementing some combination of strict limits on shippers along with rationing of service to some degree in other ways. I wouldn't want to be a non-DOT courier.

About time. I’m not DOT, but I am part time. They can request that I work extra hours or go out in the morning.

MassWineGuy

Three million is what our managers were told by upper management. I don’t think it’s too far fetched.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I remember when Sales used to visit the sort, and some of them would actually attempt to assist.

Team players.

You have no clue what I’m referring to.
Wow, some sales guys came down and got in the way for a few minutes. Exciting and wonderful.

NC man

I remember when Sales used to visit the sort, and some of them would actually attempt to assist.

Team players.

You have no clue what I’m referring to.
Have not seen a salesperson in couple yrs, do we still have them. Used to come by and give out their so we could let em know about sales leads. Another joke by Fed.