How Bad Will Peak Be?

Realistically, How Bad Will Peak Be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Serf

The new E star system being implemented on Saturday. And eventually full time in early 2022. Will set up your route like DRA used to. It eliminates loops, changes your general territory daily based on volume. And send on calls to you based on how close In vicinity you are. If it actually works, it will have you doing your P1 up until noon, then doing a fair amount of P2. Equally distributed. Unlike now, where were all doing 75-95 P2 a day.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The new E star system being implemented on Saturday. And eventually full time in early 2022. Will set up your route like DRA used to. It eliminates loops, changes your general territory daily based on volume. And send on calls to you based on how close In vicinity you are. If it actually works, it will have you doing your P1 up until noon, then doing a fair amount of P2. Equally distributed. Unlike now, where were all doing 75-95 P2 a day.
So how’s that supposed to “work” out in extended areas?

Cactus

Not hard to see major flaws happening with this E-Star system. Routes being absorbed, late freight (of course) pickups sent in error, zip codes that extend for long distances, customer insistent reattempts and bad addresses etc.

Get ready for more of Fred’s Follies as he scares off even more help with another despatate idea that was probably purchased at Big Lots.

Star B

White Lightening
how is it going to work in straightline-only routes -- or in other words -- routes that can only be done one way due to pickup times? I hope there are still going to be excluded areas from e-star.

City tested, rural redneckville unusable.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yep. Extra 90 minutes for FO, extra hour for PO.

Yes, but I'm sure there are a dozen people here with sure-fire, can't-miss solutions to handling the upcoming surge when most locations are at or near peak levels of volume already.
A shameful end to the legacy company Fred built. Failure everywhere you look…up mostly. That’s what happens when your management team is incompetent. Or even corrupt.

falcon back

Not hard to see major flaws happening with this E-Star system. Routes being absorbed, late freight (of course) pickups sent in error, zip codes that extend for long distances, customer insistent reattempts and bad addresses etc.

Get ready for more of Fred’s Follies as he scares off even more help with another despatate idea that was probably purchased at Big Lots.
You are supposed to be retired and yet you continue to worry about service and commit times. Who cares? We don't have to worry about that any more.

Cactus

You are supposed to be retired and yet you continue to worry about service and commit times. Who cares? We don't have to worry about that any more.
Just pointing out the obvious.

Hell no I don’t worry about it nor do lose any sleep. I’m from the old school where route knowledge was king. Very sad to have workers programmed these days. Might as well start using robots.

falcon back

Just pointing out the obvious.

Hell no I don’t worry about it nor do lose any sleep. I’m from the old school where route knowledge was king. Very sad to have workers programmed these days. Might as well start using robots.
Packages with NO yellow stickers or a 0 on it makes couriers head explode. Kinda sad.