How bad

Whither

Scofflaw
Someone i started with, waited for every customer to answer for her first 4months

she didnt understand why she was finishing at 9 every night while everyone was done by 6-7 with 30-40 more stops than her.

seems like the best way to go about it
I love it. Some addresses you really have no choice - no good DR location ... I have a couple on my route that I'd AP but I quickly learned nearly always make it the door just as I'm walking away after service crossing and access-pointing their stuff. So now I just wait.

ouanling

I love it. Some addresses you really have no choice - no good DR location ... I have a couple on my route that I'd AP but I quickly learned nearly always make it the door just as I'm walking away after service crossing and access-pointing their stuff. So now I just wait.
nah she had the easiest, most sought out area. Just nice houses. She could leave an unboxed iphone on the curb and it wouldnt get stolen.

But it must have been fun, talking to every single customer for months. I did similar my first couple days.

Here they tell us to not even waste time hiding packages, just drop them right in front of the door as long as it doesnt ask a signature.

babboo25

Banned
8 and skate yesterday for me: 143 deliveries ~300 pieces 53 miles. Light for the entire center, only 2 out of 60-plus routes dispatched over 200 stops. Had a look at my records from last peak. Granted, I was on a different route in a wealthier area, but was averaging 230 stops a day the first week of December last year.
You keep records of your stop count????? 😀

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
6th punch language is crucial next contract
Careful what you wish for, it could be crucial for UPS in many locations too. Always told we could be forced and it was mandatory here for years til we stopped showing up. Now it’s just “expected” but they don’t use the harsh words anymore.

babboo25

Banned
Yup. The local gives us a pocket planner and recommends note our dispatch, as well as jotting down anything of note that happened that day. I'm by no means the only driver that actually does it.
I can understand writing down your hours, who cares about stop counts though, not trying to be a prick but why the stop count?

Whither

Scofflaw
I can understand writing down your hours, who cares about stop counts though, not trying to be a prick but why the stop count?
I was taught that it's smart to keep your own records of everything around here. :wink2: It takes me all of 10 seconds to jot down hours, stop and piece counts, mileage.

Whither

Scofflaw
Careful what you wish for, it could be crucial for UPS in many locations too. Always told we could be forced and it was mandatory here for years til we stopped showing up. Now it’s just “expected” but they don’t use the harsh words anymore.
How did y'all get on the same page?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I know a driver who has kept a record of hours, stop count and piece count for years. In case management harasses him about 9.5s, he has numbers he can easily pull out to back up his case.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
How did y'all get on the same page?
The early part of the year during pandemic peak when they started “forcing in” on Saturdays was our turning point. Everyone including management had had enough and we knew they wouldn’t come after us if we stuck together. Hired over 40 22.4 from June to September for our center alone. We had them and we knew it.

542thruNthru

The early part of the year during pandemic peak when they started “forcing in” on Saturdays was our turning point. Everyone including management had had enough and we knew they wouldn’t come after us if we stuck together. Hired over 40 22.4 from June to September for our center alone. We had them and we knew it.
How far over the 25% did UPS go over with the 22.4s?

542thruNthru

A lot for the building. They were still qualifying right up to seasonal period and both sides agreed to straighten out the numbers after peak.
We were 52 22.4s over the 25%. The case is supposed to be put in tomorrow from what I hear. The company just flipped 30 of them to RPCD today I believe.