How do RPCDs cope with Endless Peak??

Air Recovery

I slow down. Gotta protect ourselves. I work at a safe and steady pace - i aim for 200 stops a day mininum. If I bring :censored2: back thats on the dispatcher(s) and or the route planner. The only time Ive ever ran was on my 30 (i was able to average 40 to 50 stops an hour, my resi was dream-level easy)

A fairs day work for a fair days pay. Lots of the runner and gunners are injuring out, getting in acidents or straight up burning out. They work more intensely for less money and are rewarded with more work.

The company throws them aside like garbage the second they slow down or get injured or in an accident. Thats not the life i want for myself

Slow down. Its a never ending peak. We literally could roll current conditions INTO Christmas. Slow and safe. Fair days work for fair days pay. Union does not recognize companies production standards. If harassed about production politely ask an on car to demonstrate an entire day of a non-altered route and bring a pen and paper to take notes on them to see what you should be doing to make the numbers the company wants.

Stay safe brothers and sisters

MrBates

I work way more carefully when the load is heavy. Bricked out trucks get a teamsters tax. Irregs? I deliver every single irreg clogging my aisle first until I can do cartwheels down the middle, then I get back on trace.

Stay frosty and use every single method. Heat exhaustion is no joke.

vvv

This is what I write on the back of my Infonotices every morning. Date, days left until retirement in the circle, beginning odometer reading, planned miles, and air/stops number. 155 stops is a 9.5 day on my route. One day at a time, I have about 76 work days left. View attachment 298603

I clinched my age and years recently to walk whenever and it feels good. So now who knows whether it's 3 months or 3 years? I don't write anything down at all as I'm the type who will one day wake up and cut the cord right then and there at the very moment.

Happy you ae you close to walking......now go clean up these fingers for the next photo op!! :)

vvv

I work way more carefully when the load is heavy. Bricked out trucks get a teamsters tax. Irregs? I deliver every single irreg clogging my aisle first until I can do cartwheels down the middle, then I get back on trace.

Stay frosty and use every single method. Heat exhaustion is no joke.

My lazy ol' fat ass can't do a cartwheel. But trust me in that the Jesse White Tumblers can come flying down the middle of my load before I even leave the building.
But for some damn reason I still can't seem to get done in less than 11 or not run 3 over.

But ya know what kids.....it's all about consistency.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
2006 P-700 Freightliner with Mercedes engine I have been fighting to keep. They have been junking every P-700 they can. I got mine new and have taken care of it. I hope it lasts until October, I despise the new cars.
The only better feature they have is the interior lighting
Good job keeping that P-700 going Love those cars

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
They way I do it in this heat so I don’t dig is after my businesses are completed, I go in the truck and search for the next stops on my edd line them up on the shelf and go. After that’s done I chill for about a minute or two, drink water n such, Then continue. Also take my sweet ass time while doing it.

DriverNerd

2006 P-700 Freightliner with Mercedes engine I have been fighting to keep. They have been junking every P-700 they can. I got mine new and have taken care of it. I hope it lasts until October, I despise the new cars.

The ones with the crappy turning radius that makes you do a 3 point turn in every cul de sac? Low step and wide body is nice though.

DriverNerd

"Endless Peak" wouldn't bother me so much if our temperatures were more average and not so hot this year. A week in the upper 80s/low 90's just sucks (for a Minnesotan it does)...I know you Cali/Arizona/Texas/Florida guys do it when it's 100 all week. I'm going golfing today and I am almost too tired go drive around on a cart and drink beer. Hard to find the energy to work on house projects on your one weekend day when you also have to clean, laundry, yard work, etc.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The ones with the crappy turning radius that makes you do a 3 point turn in every cul de sac? Low step and wide body is nice though.
Mine has the wide front wheel wells so it will turn on a dime, thats why I like it. The new cars are too narrow and are more difficult to turn. My diesel burns a lot less fuel than the gas cars too. 663XXX car number range. No alarms going off all the time either. The new cars do have better interior lighting though.

DriverNerd

Mine has the wide front wheel wells so it will turn on a dime, thats why I like it. The new cars are too narrow and are more difficult to turn. My diesel burns a lot less fuel than the gas cars too. 663XXX car number range. No alarms going off all the time either. The new cars do have better interior lighting though.

I don't know how you can love that truck. I was never a fan. Don't get me wrong, they're easy to park, wide in the back, and it only takes 2 steps to reach the back door. Though I will agree the new narrow body Freightliners are crap.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive

The mb904 700s are on the VEM list, so if it needs a few thousand in repairs they will want to junk it. However, with coronapeak going on they are fixing stuff that normally would be disposed.

You should be fine through October, your truck will probably be around next year as well

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I seriously am lol. I'm not trying to brag just saying that this is not going slow down till probably next year and I refuse to kill myself.

Preach brother preach. I see the runner gunners knocking down 350 by 6pm, looking close to death when they come in every morning still batching about all the stops. Ill pace my day out just fine. Get plenty of breaks and stay hydrated. 9.5 becomes 11-12 hours and who cares. Keep my stop count low as I can get it. Not trying to kill myself for their lack of preparation.