How does the company recover from massive stop rolling?

Utility81

Day 4 of rolling stops with no end in sight. Drivers are running out of DOT hours and the backlog continues to grow. How do we recover? The volume will just continue to grow as we get closer to Christmas.
There was 5mph winds.. Rained for 15 mins or it was cloudy. “Weather” Due to circumstances beyond our control, your delivery will be delayed. We still get paid.

Future

Victory Ride
Day 4 of rolling stops with no end in sight. Drivers are running out of DOT hours and the backlog continues to grow. How do we recover? The volume will just continue to grow as we get closer to Christmas.
It all comes down 2 allowing Amazon 2 put more volume then originally agreed upon. If the more profitable shippers pulled away from UPS, for their inability 2 deliver on time this would end.

MrBrown

How? In my area not having guys punch out at 1800 while others get pulled off the road at 2100. Not pulling all the driver's off the road on Saturday at 1630 when I could have cleaned. Not sure what upper managements angle is. I did 63 hours this week and rolled forty yesterday. Could have cleaned and possibly helped someone else tomorrow. Not happening now. Why declare 70 hours only to pull me off the road after 63? And as far as upsers is concerned my 3 after 60 were paid at time and a half

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How? In my area not having guys punch out at 1800 while others get pulled off the road at 2100. Not pulling all the driver's off the road on Saturday at 1630 when I could have cleaned. Not sure what upper managements angle is. I did 63 hours this week and rolled forty yesterday. Could have cleaned and possibly helped someone else tomorrow. Not happening now. Why declare 70 hours only to pull me off the road after 63? And as far as upsers is concerned my 3 after 60 were paid at time and a half

you need money that bad?

bbsam

Staff member
In a couple of weeks, there will be news items about how Fedex and UPS have failed again. Heads will shake, fists pound, fingers will wag...

The systems will clear sometime in the first week of the new year and 98% of it will be forgotten until next September when a few news organizations run stories about the previous years failures.

C’mon man. This isn’t the first time shipping companies have been completely unprepared and raked in record profits because of it.

Sol Rosenburg

In a couple of weeks, there will be news items about how Fedex and UPS have failed again. Heads will shake, fists pound, fingers will wag...

The systems will clear sometime in the first week of the new year and 98% of it will be forgotten until next September when a few news organizations run stories about the previous years failures.

C’mon man. This isn’t the first time shipping companies have been completely unprepared and raked in record profits because of it.
Parents will say we ruined their kids Christmas