How does the company recover from massive stop rolling?

Poop Head

Judge me.
In a couple of weeks, there will be news items about how Fedex and UPS have failed again. Heads will shake, fists pound, fingers will wag...

The systems will clear sometime in the first week of the new year and 98% of it will be forgotten until next September when a few news organizations run stories about the previous years failures.

C’mon man. This isn’t the first time shipping companies have been completely unprepared and raked in record profits because of it.
Parents will say we ruined their kids Christmas
Headlines will read something like, "Amazon invests billions into delivery network, after ups ruins Christmas"

Sol Rosenburg

Good. The little materialistic pups need to learn the true meaning of Christmas.

Getting ready for New Years festivities.

I had a woman tell me that a few years ago when we got behind. It was a new bike. I'm sure the kid wasn't able to ride it until spring because we got bombed by record snow fall that winter.

bbsam

Staff member
I had a woman tell me that a few years ago when we got behind. It was a new bike. I'm sure the kid wasn't able to ride it until spring because we got bombed by record snow fall that winter.
I’ve had station management every year make a big deal on Christmas Eve about getting gifts out and delivered.

It’s just so hard to care when they knowingly take on way more than they can possibly handle through peak.

Sol Rosenburg

I’ve had station management every year make a big deal on Christmas Eve about getting gifts out and delivered.

It’s just so hard to care when they knowingly take on way more than they can possibly handle through peak.

That is true. If I heard correctly, there are like 20 trailers at our hub that have not been processed yet.
3 guys that retired this year called me the other day saying the union called them up asking if they would come back and work LOL

Dr.Brownz

Day 4 of rolling stops with no end in sight. Drivers are running out of DOT hours and the backlog continues to grow. How do we recover? The volume will just continue to grow as we get closer to Christmas.

They can recover by properly staffing their operations.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How? In my area not having guys punch out at 1800 while others get pulled off the road at 2100. Not pulling all the driver's off the road on Saturday at 1630 when I could have cleaned. Not sure what upper managements angle is. I did 63 hours this week and rolled forty yesterday. Could have cleaned and possibly helped someone else tomorrow. Not happening now. Why declare 70 hours only to pull me off the road after 63? And as far as upsers is concerned my 3 after 60 were paid at time and a half

Just curious----how long would it have taken you to run those 40 stops? I may have considered ignoring their messages, staying out and getting as many of those 40 stops delivered as I could before heading back.

The Driver

I drive.
Just curious----how long would it have taken you to run those 40 stops? I may have considered ignoring their messages, staying out and getting as many of those 40 stops delivered as I could before heading back.

Are we not supposed to work as instructed unless it's dangerous or unethical? It's their business.

Sol Rosenburg

Are we not supposed to work as instructed unless it's dangerous or unethical? It's their business.
If it's unsafe, then no you don't have to do it. But, you have to be able to prove that. That's why I don't use my phone. At least if they ask you to do something unsafe over the diad you have a way of documenting it.