How does the company recover from massive stop rolling?

542thruNthru

Just curious----how long would it have taken you to run those 40 stops? I may have considered ignoring their messages, staying out and getting as many of those 40 stops delivered as I could before heading back.
3ArrowsPointingDown.gif

Work as directed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Easy way to get fired. I got fired once for sheeting my two remaining stops missed on route instead of when I got back to the building.

I was in the back of the truck when I got the message. It took me seconds to sheet them. Actually I got in trouble for delivering the stop I was at.

The message said come back immediately and sheet all remaining stops as missed at the building.

Utility81

Day 4 of rolling stops with no end in sight. Drivers are running out of DOT hours and the backlog continues to grow. How do we recover? The volume will just continue to grow as we get closer to Christmas.
I’ve got about 41.5 hours in as of tonight. Coming in for 5 hours(give or take) tomorrow, to set up my 7 hour day on Monday. “Force them to give you 8!”. Nah I’m good. I don’t feel like delivering out in the sticks or pushing a broom.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I’ve got about 41.5 hours in as of tonight. Coming in for 5 hours(give or take) tomorrow, to set up my 7 hour day on Monday. “Force them to give you 8!”. Nah I’m good. I don’t feel like delivering out in the sticks or pushing a broom.
Lol, you will get screwed with a split come Monday.

ManInBrown

Lol, you will get screwed with a split come Monday.
Yup. My last year in package, 25 year driver i was friendly with says I think I might come in Saturday for the first time ever at peak, so I can get out of here on Monday. Told him do not do it. You will just get someone else’s work on Monday. Oh nah, they told me they wont do that. Tuesday morning we walk in together and he says you were right. They completely screwed me. I had 85 stops from another route. Punched out at 10:30. It’s amazing people still fall for their BS.

clean hairy

Day 4 of rolling stops with no end in sight. Drivers are running out of DOT hours and the backlog continues to grow. How do we recover? The volume will just continue to grow as we get closer to Christmas.
Not our problem.
Let management figure it out.