How does the company recover from massive stop rolling?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Run Forrest, run.
14723D5E-C18E-4458-8676-9A6494F93602.gif

trickpony1

Helps zero. I stand by the original statement which is now in general usage.

Are you sure?
"could care less" means you still have some "care" remaining so whatever the situation entails, you still care but you "care less";

"couldn't care less" means you have no "care" left. You are all out of "care" hence, you "couldn't care less" because, again, you are all out of "care".

I know it's confusing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Folk still don't understand how the system becomes overwhelmed. They are still ordering online like no tomorrow. No end in sight. Once you go over the rolling stop line it is hard to recover.
So blame the customer because ups can’t get done the thing they specialize in?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Folk still don't understand how the system becomes overwhelmed. They are still ordering online like no tomorrow. No end in sight. Once you go over the rolling stop line it is hard to recover.

I’am doing my part.just got off the computer buying a boatload of stuff that nobody really needs

By the way all guaranteed to be here before Christmas

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Are you sure?
"could care less" means you still have some "care" remaining so whatever the situation entails, you still care but you "care less";

"couldn't care less" means you have no "care" left. You are all out of "care" hence, you "couldn't care less" because, again, you are all out of "care".

I know it's confusing.
Not confusing at all. The usage and meaning have changed as the language evolves.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not totally but you have to have some idea about delays at peak. It's like going to a popular restaurant on Mother's Day. You have to know the place will be crazy busy.
Yes but if you order stuff 2-3 weeks before Xmas ups should be able to get it delivered.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Day 4 of rolling stops with no end in sight. Drivers are running out of DOT hours and the backlog continues to grow. How do we recover? The volume will just continue to grow as we get closer to Christmas.

Show me where that volume can go? Nowhere....every company is backlogged. The constrain is at the market level, not the individual company level therefore no "recovery" is needed.

That's like saying how will a grocery store recover when they run out of bread for the week.

a911scanner

Not confusing at all. The usage and meaning have changed as the language evolves.

Not if one understands & speaks English properly.

For example, for hundreds of years, the word "they" meant many people that did not include oneself or the group that oneself belonged to. Now it supposedly means something completely different. Just because a few people decided it meant something different? Nope, I don't think so.

Go back to school, re-learn it, then speak properly.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Not if one understands & speaks English properly.

For example, for hundreds of years, the word "they" meant many people that did not include oneself or the group that oneself belonged to. Now it supposedly means something completely different. Just because a few people decided it meant something different? Nope, I don't think so.

Go back to school, re-learn it, then speak properly.
What's properly?

a911scanner

What's properly?

Go back to school, re-learn it, (English) then speak properly.

I think these first two points will help in the answer.

Certainly almost all people will be incorrect with sentence structure, pronunciation, spelling or some other grammatical issue at some point in their lives. That being said, just because many do it improperly doesn't mean the incorrect way now becomes correct.