How does the company recover from massive stop rolling?

rod

Retired 22 years
I think my daughter can get same day delivery in the Dallas area if she orders by something like 10:00 a.m.---She gets Saturday and Sunday delivery also.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I know of at least 1 hr person going to "Boston" next week to help out. Other hr people are heading to other areas. We're doing just fine, here. Preload wrapping up fine for last week or so.
Folk still don't understand how the system becomes overwhelmed. They are still ordering online like no tomorrow. No end in sight. Once you go over the rolling stop line it is hard to recover.

oldngray

nowhere special
Folk still don't understand how the system becomes overwhelmed. They are still ordering online like no tomorrow. No end in sight. Once you go over the rolling stop line it is hard to recover.
Shippers continue to promise deliveries with no delays at peak. They need to start being more honest to customers.

MrBrown

Just curious----how long would it have taken you to run those 40 stops? I may have considered ignoring their messages, staying out and getting as many of those 40 stops delivered as I could before heading back.
Maybe an hour and a half as it was a tight area. I delivered a big box of wine and a couple large stops in my way back to the building

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The customers gambled and lost.
Lre5rnapH9T3.gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why should online consumers care whether you guys can handle the volume or not? That's your problem----not theirs.