How does UPS stay in business?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
DUDE...I'll bitch wherever I want to. If UPS workers read this forum then this is where it needs to be.. Dude...

badass.jpg

Marne Vet

I finally got a hold of someone who knew what they were doing. Very helpful. I won't bother you people any more. I'm sorry for coming here and airing out my issue to you guys. That item is actually an item I needed before my daughter went back to college. I was promised I would receive it within a week. It's the shippers problem, not yours. Again, sorry for bothering you'all.

Just remember we're all people too, and if you come at us like a crazy lunatic we'll respond accordingly, but if you just ask us a question, even a driver on the street, we'll give you the best answer we can, and even make a few calls for you if there's time. Yelling will NEVER help. Ever. "Dude" :)

UPSGUY72

I finally got a hold of someone who knew what they were doing. Very helpful. I won't bother you people any more. I'm sorry for coming here and airing out my issue to you guys. That item is actually an item I needed before my daughter went back to college. I was promised I would receive it within a week. It's the shippers problem, not yours. Again, sorry for bothering you'all.

Another shipper that sold and item that it didn't have in stock than created a shipping label to make it look like UPS had the package and it was UPS fault. When really the item hadn't been giving to UPS to start. This happens all the time.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I refuse to read any further into this thread so will just reply with the following (and it probably has already been posted): Priority mail is an expedited shipping service. Ground is our slowest economy service.

JL 0513

I refuse to read any further into this thread so will just reply with the following (and it probably has already been posted): Priority mail is an expedited shipping service. Ground is our slowest economy service.

Seriously, I can't believe the ignorance in the OP. I know he has found the problem but geez, he didn't consider the different service levels or the fact that he was counting holiday and weekend days. The OP's dates shows 3 days of transit for a ground package. Even if the shipper had indeed shipped it, it's supposed to take 3 business days.

laffter

Seriously?! I have a package enroute to me from Louisiana to Virginia. It was shipped to me on the afternoon of the 30th. I also shipped out a package from Virginia to Nebraska on the same day, but I used USPS Priority Mail. The price to ship the package via Ground on UPS was considerably more than the Priority Mail package I sent to NE ($9 USPS vs $14 UPS for a similar size/weight package). The package I mailed on the 30th is now in NE out for delivery. The package mailed to me from LA has been stuck in Memphis since the 31st and isn't due to be delivered to me until Monday the 6th. WHAT?! 8 days to ship a package 1000 miles? WOW! The USPS beat UPS by 5 days! Never again will I use UPS to ship a package. Seems the news media was spot on! UPS is a poorly run company. I will post this story everywhere I can. Ridiculous!

What time of day was the UPS package "shipped"?
Both New Years Eve and New Years are UPS Holidays and Ground packages are not delivered or moved. The 4th and 5th are part of a weekend and Ground packages are not delivered.

If this package was important, the shipper should have checked when you'd be receiving it, and used a method of transit that would have gotten it to you sooner if the date was unacceptable.

You're absolutely right, though. USPS First Class/Priority is far superior to the Ground services provided by UPS or FedEx. But keep in mind, USPS doesn't make any money- UPS does. Hence the price difference.

Cyrex

Look at his name if you don't know it he is not a doc.

Customer service for any company some times can make people go nuts. I usually get some one who fully understand everything and helps.

Shipping is never 100% perfect.

Shipper some times makes a label and does not ship it.

USPS this is has been something else for me with them.
Once had a package ship going the wrong way, then back, then went the wrong way again, then at my door and made it 10 days late.
Most of my packages are one day late since the closed my place for normal package delivery by the normal truck.
Surepost will get get there in time for USPS delivery but sits there all day.
Had a package sit all day, put on a flight, then sit there all day, arrive one day late.

UPS and Fedex, some times early, some times late, mostly on time. I just mean by day becaues it never the same drivers that stop here.

With UPS I can have a package ship from one state away leave that day I ordered it (as long as its before 12) and be at my house by 10 am the next day. That is with the contract Amsoil has with them. Amsoil ships all different ways, UPS for packages, sure post for most paper stuff and USPS with normal mail. If its large the use it own freight first.
If its not Amsoil still usually takes 1 day some times two.

With USPS it will still take 3 days. They never are early! On time or late.

Size and locations has some to do with it.

laffter

What difference does this make? The only thing that matters is that the package is processed before the driver makes his/her pickup.

If you notice, I put the word "shipped" in quotes. A person who does not understand the concept of pickups may think that when a label is created, the package physically leaves some place and is in-route to its destination- or that when a package is dropped off at a UPS store, it's on its way.

So, it matters when the package was "shipped". It might have been ready to go and/or dropped off somewhere on one day, but if the pickup had already been made, it won't move anywhere until the following day.

Syttende Mai

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you saying the UPS package took 1 more day? Over two holidays and a weekend? I am not quite sure what you were expecting.

phox1515

DUDE...I'll bitch wherever I want to. If UPS workers read this forum then this is where it needs to be.. Dude...

first off lets do some math with a calender... it was sent / dropped off at ups store on 30th... day 1 it pretty much sits in the local hub unless it's next day air in which case it gets taken to the airport that night. the first was a holiday and yesterday took some major weather into the ne.. which is where you are... so like others have said there has only been 3 shipping days, plus (i don;t know about other hubs but for mine...) new years eve only air stuff was being shipped... so that takes another day off, so you had day 1 in the hub (no matter what time you drop it off it's not getting to the hub till night time) day 2 and 3 you can classify as holidays for ground delivery day 4 it made it to TN and today we are on day 5 although only day 3 if you take off the 2 holidays... sounds fair to me. I don't and never have worked for usps so i can't describe how they can be quicker or not so don;t ask us how they did it... we work for ups (some of us fed ex).

onto my next issue, the one I specifically replied to... yes ups workers read this forum but it's not like we can do anything about it. have you seen the back of a delivery truck, freight truck or the inside of a hub... finding your package would be more difficult than a needle in a haystack. your package could be in the hub it could be in the trlr of a truck with 3000 other brown boxes of similar shape and size. we put a tracking barcode on the box but not a gps tracker we can't just push a button, find it and give it to you on the spot, you;re going to have to wait like everyone else, if you want your package their sooner it needs to be shipped next day or 2nd day air AND not the day before xmas eve expecting it there ON xmas eve that's like going to the mall on xmas eve and expecting it to be empty... bitching to us does not help you in any way for the simple fact that none of us have control over your package, even IF one of us worked in a hub around your package or on a route your package is on we still wouldn't be able to help for the reasons i already outlined.

sorry bud but you're not special... especially since your package is shipped ground, that's just another box to ups, don;t care what's in it, don't care how soon it gets there, just as long as it does. that's what ground shipping is. air shipments gets the special attention of a time frame.