How far in the hierarchy does the incompetence spread?

PhatAzz

Hey, from one fat ass to another - don't bother calling the Police about your package either. They won't be able to get up the hill to save your fat ass from that bowl of banana pudding. Maybe you should go to the Local Public Works Department and spend as much time and effort bitching at your government officials there as you have here. You'd probably have your ass thrown out on the ice covered streets.

Re-Raise

Hey,I like 'biglousemouse' and added it to my profile. I would pay you royalties, but since I don't work and trolling doesn't pay, I'll have to leave it at that and only give you credit for it.

You real men can do the real work if you want. I'll cozy up under my blanket. Unfortunately I have to work outside in the dreadful cold too but now I can blame it on UPS - my car won't work because of you. Ok, ok, I retract the joke, don't get offended more than you already have.

What joke? That you own a junk car ? I don't get it.

BigFatRat

big louse mouse
Someone on here said we are one of the few jobs where you look at the clock and wish you had more time left in the day to do your job.

Is UPS chronically understaffed, or is this happening just during the holiday season? I can hardly think that people somewhere in the company have not come up with solutions that could seem like good compromises to both parties, customers and staff.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Is UPS chronically understaffed, or is this happening just during the holiday season? I can hardly think that people somewhere in the company have not come up with solutions that could seem like good compromises to both parties, customers and staff.
Here ya go again, opening mouth and inserting foot!

P

pickup

yes ups is chronically understaffed indeed, dhl keeps siphoning off all of our good drivers, might I suggest that you use dhl for all your future shipping needs?

BigFatRat

big louse mouse
Here ya go again, opening mouth and inserting foot!

It hurts, you are so insensitive!

PhatAzz: The city of Seattle bears part of the blame, but they cleaned all major streets three days ago.

pickup: I thought DHL is discontinuing domestic service. The competition has been crushed.

Re-Raise

We have a limmited number of trucks and trained employees to drive them. We use helpers so drivers can accomplish more in a day.

The trucks can't safely cover as much area in a day in horrible weather. Sometimes you can't go in some areas safely. You get that right?

They are box trucks with no 4 wheel drive. Just like planes get backed up for safety reasons at airports. You do understand these things right?

DS

Fenderbender
As a matter of fact, the frequency, the tone, and the utter manicness of his postings remind me of the guy who upsed his passport. Funny how that guy just finished posting and this guy shows up immediately afterwards
Naw,the passport dude/dudess,whatever was obviously a polish Canadian that creatied thier own service failure by not being able to speak english.
This dude has been quite eloquent in his posts,and other than the ****off thing ,I've had a good time reading this thead.I particularly liked
your "posting in this forum because I have no life" comment.(What do you think the rest of us are doing here?)This site is for ups employees to vent and has nothing to do with the great heirarchy you hoped to get through to.I hope your package was not from Omaha steaks:)

BigFatRat

big louse mouse
Folks,

Thank you all for supporting my trolling and venting. I promise I will get a life soon. On a more constructive note:

Do you think it would be impossible for UPS to come up with a more elaborate contingency plan while the roads are hard to negotiate? Like beefing up staffing and logistics at the customer centers so that people could pick up their parcels themselves? You tell me it's like looking for the needle in the hay-stack. But is it? Aren't you supposed to have tip-top, state-of-the-art package locator logistics and software? And if that's not true, what would you do? Surely just making drivers work longer hours in hazardous conditions is not the only solution, right?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It hurts, you are so insensitive!

I'm insensitive:surprised:

PhatAzz: The city of Seattle bears part of the blame, but they cleaned all major streets three days ago.
To bad all our customers don't live on major streets.

pickup: I thought DHL is discontinuing domestic service. The competition has been crushed.
I think that is the point.

Re-Raise

We can tell you what truck it is in , but that doesn't find it without unloading the whole thing every time someone comes in for a box.

I would never even dream I could go to a post office and request they go through all the mail to find my letter.

I would quit whining and wait until it was delivered.

DS

Fenderbender
Rat, you ramble on about logistics and responsibility when you should be dialing 1-800-pickups,and registering a complaint...
we feel for you but can't help you.

BigFatRat

big louse mouse
Re-Raise; said:
We can tell you what truck it is in , but that doesn't find it without unloading the whole thing every time someone comes in for a box.
Sure, but we're talking about an emergency solution. Let's say you have an interview for a position with the planning/logistic department and they ask you this question. Knowing the current processes - like you do - would you say that nothing can be improved on them?

Re-Raise; said:
I would quit whining and wait until it was delivered.
Yes sir, understood sir! My mom is calling me for dinner!

DS: I called that number, but I not to register a complaint, just to understand how things work or whether there's an ETA for my package. Yes I'll settle for an ETA, but they couldn't even give me that. So now I ramble.

smf0605

Wasn't the signature on a member this quote: "Never argue with an idiot; they only bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience"?

P

pickup

hey bigfatrat: I've got a crazy idea, but it just might work. Call ups again and tell them that the package you are waiting for contains a flux capacitor for your delorean dmc-12 and that you need it to generate 1.21 gigawatts of power in order to get back to the future. Also, tell them that any continued delay of delivery of said package will only increase the probability of your continued presence disrupting the space-TIME continuum . Emphasize that such a disruption might result in whatever productivity/Time goals that they might have achieved this peak season being erased. This might cause ups to get the trailer to a bay door and get it unloaded. They might even de-ice the roads for you to ensure that you achieve the essential 88 miles per hour your delorean needs to exit our time. This will accomplish three things: preservation of the spacetime continuum and their time goals and the elimination of an irritant such as yourself.

Re-Raise

Are you stupid? How could someone at a phone center give you an ETA for your package? You might live in an area that is impossible to reach with the current weather. How would they know when we could reach you?

Trust me on this. The company I work for desperately wants to deliver your package because other packages are still coming in.

Just try caring about someone elses position instead of yourself for a minute. Who knows it could become a habit and even make you a decent person.