How far in the hierarchy does the incompetence spread?

tieguy

Banned
Folks,

Thank you all for supporting my trolling and venting. I promise I will get a life soon. On a more constructive note:

Do you think it would be impossible for UPS to come up with a more elaborate contingency plan while the roads are hard to negotiate? Like beefing up staffing and logistics at the customer centers so that people could pick up their parcels themselves? You tell me it's like looking for the needle in the hay-stack. But is it? Aren't you supposed to have tip-top, state-of-the-art package locator logistics and software? And if that's not true, what would you do? Surely just making drivers work longer hours in hazardous conditions is not the only solution, right?

your solutions are too simple and don't truly appreciate the significance of an area getting overwhelmed by snow. Until your state and county officials get the all the roads cleared the problems will continue. Our drivers will have great difficulty moving the tractor trailers to our buildings, our delivery drivers have problems delivering to individual residences and as red said they have problems with individual homeowners that do no shovel their walks. Our people who work at these customer centers you mention also face the same problems coming to work. Due to being snowed in. Call the nearest ups center and offer to work as a drivers helper for a couple of days. It will give you all the answers you need.

I actually got to give Rat credit. He/she/it hasn`t used the time honored phrase of "my (child/parent/dog)`s Christmas will be ruined because they didn`t get their (G.I.Joe/vibrator/chew toy) and it`s all UPS` fault and not mine for being incompetent about ordering early because this is the first time we ever had Christmas here" speech.

As far as being surprised that you angered the natives,how would you feel if we came in to your job and said you needed better logistics so that the frys were fresh when we showed up?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
BigRat, BSBRag, what ever

You claim to be in business, but yet you run your mouth at what UPS could do to prevent something like this just in case it should happen? How ironic.

You sit there and compare this with Katrina? How does one fit with the other? With Katrina, UPS had their employees leave the area. In yours, they are still making the drivers go out every day.

You are clearly someone that has no clue, or brain. Which is why you smell so much like BSBRAG.

d

BigFatRat

big louse mouse
As far as being surprised that you angered the natives,how would you feel if we came in to your job and said you needed better logistics so that the frys were fresh when we showed up?

I'm finally getting some sensible answers instead of angry backtrolling. Maybe if I had formulated the first post a bit differently, less people would have become angry and the useless banter would have been a constructive dialog instead.

I work for a company that people criticize all the time, sometimes justifiably sometimes just for fun and because it's easy. I'm used to it; I take it more lightly than most of you here and I try to learn from it.

Some of you have given me the impression that I should leave this forum saying "holy cow, UPS is perfect, they're trying hard, and nothing can be improved on their processes". You know it isn't so. But trolling is fun too.

Re-Raise

We fight between ourselves like brothers and sisters do! but once a non family member attacks one of us we will defend each other. Our company is not perfect like many, but we the employees do our best and have earned the right to bitch!

Amen Red

Fellow employees enjoy your weekend. For most of us we can breathe again now that peak is over. To the folks in the Northwest like soberups I hope the weather improves soon.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Maybe if I had formulated the first post a bit differently

Or maybe never posted in the first place? Damn, another BSBRAG signature line.

Give it up. Once a maroon, always a maroon. You just cant fix stupid.

But aint it so cute, the stupid ones always think they have the brightest ideas.........

LOL

d

BigFatRat

big louse mouse
Damn, another BSBRAG signature line.

Give it up. Once a maroon, always a maroon. You just cant fix stupid.

But aint it so cute, the stupid ones always think they have the brightest ideas.........

I'll be BSBRAG if that's your fantasy.
I may have stupid, misdirected ideas but you sadly, have none. You should be promoted.

Re-Raise

"formulated the first post differently"

You really do just make things up. Every time you invent a new identity it just as worthless as the one before. Your stupidity always gives you away

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Fantasy ..........thats what this is for you. No life of your own, your story changes faster than the signal light down town. And waiting on UPS to deliver your car part so you can get on with your life. What a dream you are having.

Why dont you share what you are smoking, sniffing, drinking with some of the rest of the guys and gals here. Then they might not be so hard on your ..........well, what ever it is you have.

d

BigFatRat

big louse mouse
You really do just make things up. Every time you invent a new identity it just as worthless as the one before. Your stupidity always gives you away

Re-Raise, do I remind you of someone who you had a personal quarrel with? Because, you know, I tried to stay abstract and unbiased here, like an unblemished supreme court judge, and I only mentioned "ups sucks" in the context of a joke. So why the animosity, you're hurting my feelings...

Really, not one of you has admitted that there are things that could be improved at UPS. I wish my company would be as cohesive as yours in face of criticism, but we're just pusillanimous instead.

dannyboy: what story has changed? I still haven't gotten my package last I checked. Is there somethig I dont' know? You found it?

Keep up the good work.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
but we're just pusillanimous instead.
BSBRAG

Leadership flows down hill. You ought to know that. All your employees are following your lead.

Is there somethig I dont' know?

Hint, there is a lot you dont know

Maybe a thread on what you actually do know would be better?

No wait, ......that would be too short a thread for you, as all you want to do is fill up internet space.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
you completely humiliated me

BTW, you give me too much credit. You managed the above all by yourself. All I did was cater to your ego a bit, and you did all the rest.

So seriously, what brings you back?

d

brownrodster

My town in WA has had 11 straight days of snow. We have 1 or 2 snow plows. Our service area is over 2000 square miles. The drivers are working 12 hour days. They are getting less than half of their normal workload delivered. We are trying as hard as we can. I'm deeply sorry that everyone is unhappy but we are doing the best we can.

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
Originally Posted by 705red
We fight between ourselves like brothers and sisters do! but once a non family member attacks one of us we will defend each other. Our company is not perfect like many, but we the employees do our best and have earned the right to bitch!

truer words were never spoken. we are all a family, families fight with each other. but don't let anyone else say anything about the familly. there is honor among the family members

brownrodster

You guys are admirable. I'm sure that when you are talking among yourselves you are the first to criticize some UPS practices or processes you don't agree with. But as soon as someone from outside, an innocent, mistreated customer like me, who has no life and trolls online all day, points some things out - hell not even that - he just asks about what you think could be improved at UPS, you show a united front, march hand in hand, and sqaush the poor bug... or rat. With employees like you management can do no wrong. I'm proud of you. So is America. Heck, I would hire you, and give you benefits.!

I'll cop to that. We hate on management constantly but don't tolerate anyone else hating on them...

UPSNewbie

It's unfortunate that I was out while this was in progress.

Rat, UPS does have technology to know which trailer your crap is in. Though, your crap could quite possibly be on the floor. If not, where can the specific trailer that your crap is in, be unloaded if the floor is chocked full of packages?

I have no idea if the NW could have/can do something different. MOST of us aren't there. I do know of one poster here that is incapable of doing his route is helping his brothers and sisters that are capable of doing their route. I would put money on it that every driver that has a slight chance of getting just a few pieces delivered, has been and will be out there.

In the issue of unable to even get a damn PC out on certain roads, that falls back on to your village. NOT UPS! If you take anything positive from your trolling, scrape off your sidewalk or driveway. It would be a help to your driver once he/she can get there while risking his/her life.

(To cachesux: I am slightly curious as to why "parent" and "vibrator" lined up in your example.:laughing:)