How Far Will Bleeding Purple Really Get YOU In This Company These Days ?

chargerlou

Words from the management team! Please do a simple search on companies that still offer a retirement. You will find out there are still a decent amount of companies that offer a retirement. Fedex not being one of them. Paid vacation? Seriously? Are you referring to people who work in the fast food industry? The more I read your nonsense the more I come to the conclusion your education level isn't past 9 grade. With that said I now understand why you bleed purple! What other options do you really have? Cashier at wal-mart? (btw Fred and the Walton family are close buds! You may actually enjoy this job as both dislike the big bad unions!!!)

Did you ever ponder how much money the corporation makes off us? We should be thankful? Lady you and your dope husband are the same people I see at my station on a daily basis. Absolutely clueless as to what's going on!

PS- If you want to "sound" intelligent please at least spell check

Wow!! "Cant we all just get along" we are in this together. I never was fortunate enough to see the real Federal Express when people were topped out within 5 years.. But the economy is tough however Mr. Smith will always be in favor of not losing the deep pockets he has. It doesnt make sense to take on newhires a new head to add to your budget including what costs that new head is gonna waste you. But then again Im just Joe courier what do I know I wish they would allow us to have input on how to fix this out of control machine!!!

Billy_Baconhead

Wow!! "Cant we all just get along" we are in this together. I never was fortunate enough to see the real Federal Express when people were topped out within 5 years.. But the economy is tough however Mr. Smith will always be in favor of not losing the deep pockets he has. It doesnt make sense to take on newhires a new head to add to your budget including what costs that new head is gonna waste you. But then again Im just Joe courier what do I know I wish they would allow us to have input on how to fix this out of control machine!!!

Bring on new hires and pay them less. Dynamic roads will take away the "skill" set. There philosophy is they can bring in anyone off the street to do this job. No skill set required! Not excluding the fact that paying someone 16.08hr vs 23.65hr is a huge savings...

chargerlou

Bring on new hires and pay them less. Dynamic roads will take away the "skill" set. There philosophy is they can bring in anyone off the street to do this job. No skill set required! Not excluding the fact that paying someone 16.08hr vs 23.65hr is a huge savings...

How bout paying them $14.86..

Goldilocks

If you've been around since 1985, then I guess that means you have "Major Street Cred" with FedEx, huh ?

Well, lets just say, I am 4 the Courier. I do love what this company has given me, but I do see how hard the FT Courier works and whats expected from them. Just let the FTers do their job and hit the ones that are not meeting goal. Guys, a lot of this is Middle Management trying to keep their jobs. Some should have never been managers. Some of the decisions made by some managers just makes my skin crawl....

jmeti000

6 years here. 15.49... New hires are less than 60 cents behind me.

How is that possible? I JUST signed a contract for full time courier/feeder agent and Im starting at 16.08. I realize that there are different pay zones (whatever they are called), and correct me if im wrong but with 6 years in it seems like you should be making more than me no matter what your zone in. Thats jacked!!

Glorifiedpackmule

How is that possible? I JUST signed a contract for full time courier/feeder agent and Im starting at 16.08. I realize that there are different pay zones (whatever they are called), and correct me if im wrong but with 6 years in it seems like you should be making more than me no matter what your zone in. Thats jacked!!

Starting pay in market level B was 12.96 when I started in 2005. That's roughly 42 cents a year.. Which is that magic 3% that FedEx loves so much. Don't forget to take into account 2008 when we didnt get raises at all. I got a larger raise last year when my seniority started to count in my favor on the review... Then BAM! They came up with the new pay scheme for this past year.

franknitty

I'm sure the Ground driver will put in those leads for you.:wink2:

I agree my friend. On time delivery and pickup service, along positive customer interaction is much more important than submitting sales leads. That's the responsibility of the sales department, and these FedEx sales guys need to stop wasting the couriers time in these meetings they force us to attend, spending most of their time complaining about UPS's sales department being too aggressive with customers. At my station we hear this constantly from the Fedex salesman and woman. My FedEx customers always tell me "UPS sales department is ALWAYS in contact with our business, but they never hear from FedEx sales until there's a problem", which is a very sad indictment on the FedEx sales team.

I'm paid to pickup and delivery packages, so FedEx sales team if you are reading this: I REFUSE TO DO YOUR JOB, PERIOD ! That is all.

TUT

I agree my friend. On time delivery and pickup service, along positive customer interaction is much more important than submitting sales leads. That's the responsibility of the sales department, and these FedEx sales guys need to stop wasting the couriers time in these meetings they force us to attend, spending most of their time complaining about UPS's sales department being too aggressive with customers. At my station we hear this constantly from the Fedex salesman and woman. My FedEx customers always tell me "UPS sales department is ALWAYS in contact with our business, but they never hear from FedEx sales until there's a problem", which is a very sad indictment on the FedEx sales team.

Let me help you understand even more.

Local Fedex Sales isn't crazy about drivers getting leads. They don't want it, so it comes above them. It takes them time to respond to the forms for business they already know about from the leads like the back of their hand. The managers are told do this they can't half ass it in meetings, but they don't mind it, it's their workers doing it for lots of wasted man hours like drivers have doing it as well, not their hours.

On UPS Sales are in contact and Fedex are not. You can go to 100 companies and get 50 to say it one way and 50 another. Obviously a territory can vary as well, which can form a resounding opinion for those within it. In my realm, I'd say Fedex Sales are much more responsive, but also understand that it's a small sample. I call them equal overall, like many other things. For example one company will love the UPS Driver and hate the Fedex One(s) (Yes customers don't like some Fedex Drivers) and then I hear the opposite. But in general I will say most customers are satisfied with all their drivers.

It's all very similar between each company. UPS isn't in some type of perfect harmony in any form.

FedEx sales team if you are reading this: I REFUSE TO DO YOUR JOB, PERIOD

That call is coming way beyond sales who attend your meetings. To be fair to them I would say Fedex Management instead.