How has no one brought up a rental thread?

Saw a bunch of rented bicycles in the lot. Rode by them on the way out. Briefly thought of the union hours seasonals are taking away from teamsters. Kind of odd to be leaving work on a bicycle while they're dying for cyclists, I already work there, but can't do it and get paid.

Paid for 15 bikes to sit there unused in the rain but I pay my dues and break them off a piece and wtf do I get. They may as well have flushed the money down the toilet from the get-go.

Staydryitsraining

My hub runs rentals year round. Its mind boggling. We have about 15 manuals and alot of wheel wells are falling apart. They say we only get hand me downs from California.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Did 250 stops out of a rental truck today! Was dispatched 300. Thanks to fellow brothers who helped out.

My helper and I did 150 in under 4 hours, the other half was on me.

The other half is rural, a total of 130 some miles. The only good thing was my center manager being rather upset with the dispatchers.

Have managed to actually run under, but its my 4th year doing this. Starting to worry about my body.

And, your point is?

rod

Retired 22 years
That we shouldn't have rentals. Had a gun pointed at me today.

That was one complaint the rental drivers always had where I worked. It happened on numerous occasions. Its one thing to pull into some out of the place after dark with a real UPS truck but its another experience driving up in the dark with a U-Haul Trick or a Dodge Caravan that is only marked with a small UPS sign on the door. People get nervous after dark. (They are guaranteed to at least let their mean dog out)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Had friend in Alaska ask me if we had rentals. she saw one late one night, looked like a ups uniform. LOL