How I would fix all the current problems in this Country.

texan

If you were given 4 years of supreme authority to totally revamp this
country, what would you do?

WKMAC has shared his loss of hope in our elected officials.

Texan wants term limits and a flat tax, and the IRS to go away.

TOS has shared how FOX News, Rush Limbaugh need to be silenced.

If you were given total power to reshape this country, how would you fix all the corruption
and problems we face? Economic, Elections, Government.

Then after 4 years, what then? Who or what system would be in place so it does not go back
to the same cycle?

Upsmule

If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy.
A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.

​--Thomas Jefferson

Upsmule

Ok ok....that silly dimwit Jefferson what he know? Here's a GREAT start though, elect more guys with this same mindset.....

“Let me be clear: I don’t trust the Republicans. And I don’t trust the Democrats, And I think a whole lot of Americans likewise don’t trust the Republicans and the Democrats, because it is leadership in both parties that has gotten us in this mess.” --Senator Ted Cruz

The first step to correcting DC's clear and obvious problems is to downsize it. Downsize it's wasteful spending. Downsize it's wasteful bureaucrats. And last but not least.....downsize the utter foolish mindset of far too many clueless friend@$% in this country they still trust government blindly.

804brown

Take the private money out of politics. All campaigns for office will be funded with taxes and limited to only 2 months of campaigning (not 3 1/2 years). The american people know what they want their reps to do . They just need to cut the strings to their large puppet masters which would allow our reps to vote their conscious NOT THEIR FEAR OF BIG MONEY AND THEIR LOBBYISTS!!

Upsmule

Take the private money out of politics. All campaigns for office will be funded with taxes and limited to only 2 months of campaigning (not 3 1/2 years). The american people know what they want their reps to do . They just need to cut the strings to their large puppet masters which would allow our reps to vote their conscious NOT THEIR FEAR OF BIG MONEY AND THEIR LOBBYISTS!!

Kill the lobbyist, demand term limits on capital hill now. You'd also kill the career politician/lawyer.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Terms limits and after they have served their terms find a real job like the rest of us. We should not have to compensate politicians for the rest of their lives. Trim the fat.

Upsmule

The population would have to pass stringent tests before being allowed to have drivers licenses or children.

You would eliminate all chlidren in trailer parks. Just sayin. Then who would vote republican?

Peace

TOS

Leftist elitist POS. You and your ilk are always the first to look down your noses at the middle and lower class you love to tax to death and keep dependent on food stamps and "free" entitlements.

Anyway, leave it to your sorry ass to ruine a perfectly good thread with the usual rhetoric and no answeres to the current administrations inability to deliver on a fraction of its campaign rhetoric and lies to remain in power.

Another midterm election should shut your sorry ass up again.

pretender

1) Do away with baseline budgeting: Penny Plan

2) Term limits

3) Congress must live under the same laws they make for the rest of us.

4) Fair Tax or flat tax

5) Repeal Obamacare

island1fox

Fair tax -no deductions --everyone contributes to common good.
Punish by tax code American companies creating jobs in other countries that could be done in U.S. --Incent and encourage American Industry and Manufacturing.
All overseas money given "return amnesty" to fully invest in America.
No able bodied person to receive any "freebies" --Today we create long lines in government run agencies laying people off --while paying all expenses for people to stay home --no common sense.
Able bodied people could work as teachers aides,police admin and fire admin jobs to reduce tax burden on all of us.
Relocate all foreign U.S. military bases to domestic U.S.--Numerous military bases in each state will be prepared for true national defense --respond and rebuild in natural disastors. Also troops will Maintain a secure and fair BORDER --north AND south.Rebuild domestic infrastructure.
Military budget focused on state of the art and defensive weapons. Peace on earth to all --U.S. will full participate in Global economy --but other nations must fight their own wars and defend themselves.
Any country that is foolish enough to challenge my resolve and attack or threaten the citizens of this country --WILL be wiped from the face of the earth.
Every citizen will be held accountable for the lives they bring into this world --"deadbeat" dads or moms will face strict and harsh penalties.
Males and Females can be Married --same sex couples can get "Gayaried" with all the same benefits and responsabilities of marriage.
Part time Senate and House--Meet six weeks per year --working six twelve hour days to do the countries business. Must have other jobs, be covered under all laws they pass on us-and strict term limits.
Remove ALL money and lobbies --both Right and Left--Corporate and Unions from political system.
Eliminate all foreign aid --Charity begins at home.
This would be just a start--I would not have time to play golf or play with Hollywood. I would have a working cabinet --with REGULAR Staff meetings and intense "head to heads" with each cabinet member monthly --with goals set --monitored and discussed the following month.No czars or "political " appointees.

A real and working BUDGET---- with no pork projects or payoffs to any special interest group --right or left.

Honesty and Integrity in all my daily work with the American People kept fully informed. All of my meetings with Staff --Covered LIVE every month with all networks given even coverage. Full respect and working relationship with "minority " party -no closed door meetings or deals --ALL negotiations covered by Natioal media --A truly OPEN Government. National Security --a right for all of us to know.
P.S. This would just be the first 100 days !!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Have to show I.D. to vote.

You need it for buying booze, to fly, to collect welfare, ............for every other thing you do.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Leftist elitist POS. You and your ilk are always the first to look down your noses at the middle and lower class you love to tax to death and keep dependent on food stamps and "free" entitlements.

Anyway, leave it to your sorry ass to ruine a perfectly good thread with the usual rhetoric and no answeres to the current administrations inability to deliver on a fraction of its campaign rhetoric and lies to remain in power.

Another midterm election should shut your sorry ass up again.

So eloquently stated.

texan

Fair tax -no deductions --everyone contributes to common good.
Punish by tax code American companies creating jobs in other countries that could be done in U.S. --Incent and encourage American Industry and Manufacturing.
All overseas money given "return amnesty" to fully invest in America.
No able bodied person to receive any "freebies" --Today we create long lines in government run agencies laying people off --while paying all expenses for people to stay home --no common sense.
Able bodied people could work as teachers aides,police admin and fire admin jobs to reduce tax burden on all of us.
Relocate all foreign U.S. military bases to domestic U.S.--Numerous military bases in each state will be prepared for true national defense --respond and rebuild in natural disastors. Also troops will Maintain a secure and fair BORDER --north AND south.Rebuild domestic infrastructure.
Military budget focused on state of the art and defensive weapons. Peace on earth to all --U.S. will full participate in Global economy --but other nations must fight their own wars and defend themselves.
Any country that is foolish enough to challenge my resolve and attack or threaten the citizens of this country --WILL be wiped from the face of the earth.
Every citizen will be held accountable for the lives they bring into this world --"deadbeat" dads or moms will face strict and harsh penalties.
Males and Females can be Married --same sex couples can get "Gayaried" with all the same benefits and responsabilities of marriage.
Part time Senate and House--Meet six weeks per year --working six twelve hour days to do the countries business. Must have other jobs, be covered under all laws they pass on us-and strict term limits.
Remove ALL money and lobbies --both Right and Left--Corporate and Unions from political system.
Eliminate all foreign aid --Charity begins at home.
This would be just a start--I would not have time to play golf or play with Hollywood. I would have a working cabinet --with REGULAR Staff meetings and intense "head to heads" with each cabinet member monthly --with goals set --monitored and discussed the following month.No czars or "political " appointees.

A real and working BUDGET---- with no pork projects or payoffs to any special interest group --right or left.

Honesty and Integrity in all my daily work with the American People kept fully informed. All of my meetings with Staff --Covered LIVE every month with all networks given even coverage. Full respect and working relationship with "minority " party -no closed door meetings or deals --ALL negotiations covered by Natioal media --A truly OPEN Government. National Security --a right for all of us to know.
P.S. This would just be the first 100 days !!!!!
I do not want to be like a man or poster of Integrity.............

But honestly thank you for all that you posted.

Much much better than a trailer park slight. That will solve everything and brings
great insight to solve our problems. Sigh...........

I do not agree with all, but well thought out.

I really like "A real and working BUDGET---- with no pork projects or payoffs to any special
interest group --right or left."

And "Fair tax -no deductions --everyone contributes to common good."

There are many other points you made that are great and need fine tuning
but again, great post.

Re "need fine tuning" Whoops I did say no holds barred, you are in charge and the King. :happy-very:

Also "I would not have time to play golf or play with Hollywood. I would have a working
cabinet --with REGULAR Staff meetings and intense "head to heads" with each cabinet
member monthly --with goals set --monitored and discussed the following month.
No czars or "political " appointees.

Another great point.

Last edited:

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
How about just working for the good of the country, rather than being an obstructionist just because the other guy is from a different party or race?

BTW, 'Fair Tax' is anything but fair.

Upsmule

How about just working for the good of the country, rather than being an obstructionist just because the other guy is from a different party or race?

BTW, 'Fair Tax' is anything but fair.

Telling how the usual government apologists have only insults along with the usual NOTHING when it comes to a simple point blank question. Clearly....they're happy with a big government nanny state that is failing everyone as it continues to operate in the red, sinking deeper and deeper into the national debt abyss. C'mon November 2014 please God.