How is this hybrid driver any different than the current TCD "utility driver"?

And how many years now have centers across the nation been down understaffed in the FT package car ranks? When was the last time you asked a Sup if we're getting more drivers and been told we are at full staff?
Actually my building has been hiring FT package car drivers for the last couple years. Problem is most can not qualify and the ones that do are being burnt out and quitting. Just keep adding more work onto the newest driver until they break.

KoennenTiger

Actually my building has been hiring FT package car drivers for the last couple years. Problem is most can not qualify and the ones that do are being burnt out and quitting. Just keep adding more work onto the newest driver until they break.

That's what's happening here. They keep trying to hire new drivers but almost no one can qualify anymore. They keep hiring guys who don't run scratch for a week anyway. Then after a month and their fifth stress breakdown they quit. They can't hire, they can't keep the people they hire, and we are short staffed because of it.

There is pretty good competition here. I was chatting with the Frito lay chip driver that stocks the stores in my route. He saw an ad for ups driver, since they are so desperate they are hiring off the street, and we chatted about pay and benefits. He was currently making $32 an hour, pretty much the same time off, but paying $450 a month for his insurance for wife plus two kids. And he gets air conditioning and doesn't have to work in the elements. Suffice it to say he did not bother to apply.

Staydryitsraining

There is no guaranteed two weekend days! And why would the company allow them to go FSP when they have them doing the same exact thing for $6/hr cheaper straight time and $9/hr in OT? If you were the company would you let someone just start costing you more per hour out of the goodness of your heart?

TCD's are NOT nation wide. They are in very few centers is what my understanding is.
There are what they call temp drivers, who run full time routes every day from June 1st till January 15th. Than there is TCD who basically has no idea if they are working everyday but come in dressed in browns.... from my understanding

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
From what I’m reading and of course all the details are not out but I think it will work like this. All current fsp or regular driver jobs will be red circled and that number must be maintained across the country. All new openings for drivers from volume increase to retirement or advancement to feeders etc will be filled with 22.4 drivers up to 25% of the center. New fsp positions will be added if needed (probly never). As a fsp red circled job is vacated it will be filled by highest seniority 22.4. I’m sure they will implement a similar pay progression going from 22.4 to fsp. 4 years from now there will be no more fsp drivers in progression. It will be all 22.4. This is the way they did it here with the full-time preload with 22.3 jobs 15 years or so ago

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The company can not force you to not sign a bid for another FT job. We have 22.3 bid package car and later bid into a Feeder job. Package car bid into Feeders or car wash or porters or any other FT job they are qualified for.

Exactly.

It would be just another full-time job classification.

The full time bids full time openings here, by classification first, then it opens to the rest of the full time who are qualified and or can be qualified, then goes to the whole building.

We know that's how it is in the Central Region.

Other supplements.... ?

Once the company starts drivers who will ALWAYS BE CHEAPER, why would they allow them to "bid" into a FSP spot?

Why not ?

It would be just a different numerical (22.4 vs. 22.3) full-time job classification.

Is this speculation I presume?

Total speculation.

Put the damn crack pipe down its really screwing with your thought process at this point.

You might want to take your own advice.

Making these wild speculations without even seeing the new language.... sounds paranoid.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Exactly.

It would be just another full-time job classification.
Why not ?

It would be just a different numerical (22.4 vs. 22.3) full-time job classification.
Why not???

Because it's "Pandora's Box" and need not be opened.
Delivery of ground packages is the "sacred cow" of the full time classification.
Only full time drivers deliver them, period.

What's next Bug, 22.5 hybrid feeder drivers???

SMH

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Why not???

Delivery of ground packages is the "sacred cow" of the full time classification.

SMH

~Bbbl~™

How about;

We have this conversation, when people aren't blindly postulating ?

Let's see what happens when the negotiations are finished.

Again, talk about some nervous Nancy's....

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How about;

We have this conversation, when people aren't blindly postulating ?

Let's see what happens when the negotiations are finished.

Again, talk about some nervous Nancy's....

-Bug-
Why do I gotta be Nancy, Sam???

I was only responding to your postulations, which seem to be ok with you, as long as they serve the IBT agenda?

In the end, no matter what the proposed language, ground packages are delivered by package car drivers, period.

Anything else, is a no vote for me.

~Bbbl~™

babboo25

Banned
The full time bids full time openings here, by classification first, then it opens to the rest of the full time who are qualified and or can be qualified, then goes to the whole building.

What will stop a hybrid combo driver from bidding a package car job?

Answer: less ft pkg car openings in the future compared to what it would have to be if the hybrid jobs get scrapped.

If everything we're hearing is true in this issue the job offering isn't the only thing that needs scrapped.
Wahhhhh wahhhhh wahhhh, all you do is whine, have an answer for everything.

F

Frankie's Friend

Wahhhhh wahhhhh wahhhh, all you do is whine, have an answer for everything.
It bothers trolls like you doesnt it.
20180515_202013.jpg

That's for you boy.

Chester

Why not???

SMH

~Bbbl~™
Not entirely true, our combo drivers deliver ground occasionally but they are paid at top rate when that happens.

Chester

Again, What have you seen thus far makes you sure there will be a FSP route or position available? I have not seen nor have I heard anything that leads me to believe that UPS wants to or intends to keep and fill "FSP" positions as full time drivers move out of those spots voluntarily or non voluntarily!
So they’re going to use 2 combo positions to fill 1 FSP position? it’s called combo for a reason, combination of 2 jobs, FSP is 1 job, by your theory UPS would use 2 combo-hybrid drivers to cover 1 FSP position.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Not entirely true, our combo drivers deliver ground occasionally but they are paid at top rate when that happens.
Yeah, our part time air exception drivers "frequently" deliver ground here as well.

....and they are both contractual violations, grievable by any full time driver.

I have tens of thousands of dollars in grievance settlements to prove it.

F

Frankie's Friend

That's a problem for you management people. If you and the baboon25 were in the same building it would be a couple rats in the same cage.

You from USNY?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
So they’re going to use 2 combo positions to fill 1 FSP position? it’s called combo for a reason, combination of 2 jobs, FSP is 1 job, by your theory UPS would use 2 combo-hybrid drivers to cover 1 FSP position.

Why would you need 2? What stops them from scheduling a 22.4 to start 30 mins before to help wrap up a pre-load and then send him out with 150 stops? Its called a combo for a reason, a combination of 2 jobs, FSP is 1 job (that was just replaced by a 22.4.) How does my theory require 2 combo-hybrid drivers?

The air exception drivers get paid top rate when delivering ground and now we are all seeing just how much that pisses off the company. Viola, 22.4 scam gets hatched to do an end around on this problem with eyes towards top rate FSP's!

F

Frankie's Friend

Do the math dude.
4 hrs delivering and picking up all service levels with one combo employee and 4 hrs equivalent work on another employee's dispatch =s one FSP 8 hr dispatch.

It's really not that hard to understand if your IQ is over 50.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Hybrid driver is a bull:censored2: scheme to keep you from obtaining FT progression wages. Instead of working preload, waiting for your chance in 1-4 years, you'll be stuck at hybrid for 6 or more. :censored2: that, :censored2: this contract, and :censored2: Hoffa for even thinking this is reasonable. I'd shove a fistful of rusty beer bottle caps right up his piece of :censored2: arse.