How is this hybrid driver any different than the current TCD "utility driver"?

Chester

Why would you need 2? What stops them from scheduling a 22.4 to start 30 mins before to help wrap up a pre-load and then send him out with 150 stops? Its called a combo for a reason, a combination of 2 jobs, FSP is 1 job (that was just replaced by a 22.4.) How does my theory require 2 combo-hybrid drivers?

The air exception drivers get paid top rate when delivering ground and now we are all seeing just how much that pisses off the company. Viola, 22.4 scam gets hatched to do an end around on this problem with eyes towards top rate FSP's!
You haven’t even read the full agreement, more doom and gloom.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Hybrid driver is a bull:censored2: scheme to keep you from obtaining FT progression wages. Instead of working preload, waiting for your chance in 1-4 years, you'll be stuck at hybrid for 6 or more. :censored2: that, :censored2: this contract, and :censored2: Hoffa for even thinking this is reasonable. I'd shove a fistful of rusty beer bottle caps right up his piece of :censored2: arse.
Don’t sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel.........lol

F

Frankie's Friend

Why would you need 2? What stops them from scheduling a 22.4 to start 30 mins before to help wrap up a pre-load and then send him out with 150 stops? Its called a combo for a reason, a combination of 2 jobs, FSP is 1 job (that was just replaced by a 22.4.) How does my theory require 2 combo-hybrid drivers?

The air exception drivers get paid top rate when delivering ground and now we are all seeing just how much that pisses off the company. Viola, 22.4 scam gets hatched to do an end around on this problem with eyes towards top rate FSP's!
You cant fix his ignorance.
8 hrs of FSP work is split up into two combos.

With the volume projections we've been hearing the company is just waiting to start draining the volume with a lesser paid workforce.

Otherwise, the FSP opportunities will be great.

Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot.

Chester

Hybrid driver is a bull:censored2: scheme to keep you from obtaining FT progression wages. Instead of working preload, waiting for your chance in 1-4 years, you'll be stuck at hybrid for 6 or more. :censored2: that, :censored2: this contract, and :censored2: Hoffa for even thinking this is reasonable. I'd shove a fistful of rusty beer bottle caps right up his piece of :censored2: arse.
Yea stuck making $34 at end of this contract

dogs.bite.me

Again, What have you seen thus far makes you sure there will be a FSP route or position available? I have not seen nor have I heard anything that leads me to believe that UPS wants to or intends to keep and fill "FSP" positions as full time drivers move out of those spots voluntarily or non voluntarily!

My BA told me that the FSP will be "red circled.” they need to maintain that number. Meaning when someone retires or is fired, a hybrid can move into it.

But that's this contract. What about next when they ask us to take this severance pkg or drop to hybrid rates?

Chester

My BA told me that the FSP will be "red circled.” they need to maintain that number. Meaning when someone retires or is fired, a hybrid can move into it.

But that's this contract. What about next when they ask us to take this severance pkg or drop to hybrid rates?
You mean CANT right?

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
You haven’t even read the full agreement, more doom and gloom.
It's telegraphed, Chester. And no, in most places that hybrid driver will not be making that much at end of contract. They are looking to increase full-time opportunities. In other words, they will work preload and do a sub route. Cut O/T tome for regular drivers and pay them $16-22 for 3-4 hours after for driving after shift, but they will keep them their for years

F

Frankie's Friend

Yea stuck making $34 at end of this contract
While real package car drivers are making $41/hr plus we dont have a 1.5 hr void sitting around waiting for some great Orion abortion to make service on.

They cant even get our dispatch dialed in to what makes sense how the heck are they going to give hybrid victims a dispatch that is coherent?

Sell your garbage to someone who hasn't worked here but a short time.

The powers that be are betting on that shortly.

F

Frankie's Friend

Attachments

• 20180523_221643.jpg
    20180523_221643.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 155

Chester

While real package car drivers are making $41/hr plus we dont have a 1.5 hr void sitting around waiting for some great Orion abortion to make service on.

They cant even get our dispatch dialed in to what makes sense how the heck are they going to give hybrid victims a dispatch that is coherent?

Sell your garbage to someone who hasn't worked here but a short time.

The powers that be are betting on that shortly.
Ok @Benben

dogs.bite.me

So they’re going to use 2 combo positions to fill 1 FSP position? it’s called combo for a reason, combination of 2 jobs, FSP is 1 job, by your theory UPS would use 2 combo-hybrid drivers to cover 1 FSP position.
They are combo because they are supposed to do inside work for 1/2 their shift and drive the other.

That's how the union proposed it, but it's widely speculated the company will twist this and misuse them like regular drivers. I happen to believe the speculation.

They abused me as a TCD, managing to keep me under the 200 punch mark so I wouldnt go FT. No reason they wouldn't do the same with the hybrids.

El Correcto

god is dead
So rather than have TCDs who cover sick days and run LIBs and even cover vacations when their aren't enough FSP cover drivers around now we'll have combo drivers. They'll make more money, have a progression, and will be guaranteed two days a week driving on the weekends.

Does anyone know if they will be prevented from going for FSP somehow? Utility drivers still earned hub seniority and could still put their names on the FSP driver list. So how are combo drivers any different than the TCDs we already have?

Everyone in my center is claiming this is a big deal but the more I think about it the more I don't get it.
I was a TCD first. I started out at 29 and some change I believe, not 22 or whatever. When I went full time I was red circled and continued making this.

F

Frankie's Friend

They are combo because they are supposed to do inside work for 1/2 their shift and drive the other.

That's how the union proposed it, but it's widely speculated the company will twist this and misuse them like regular drivers. I happen to believe the speculation.

They abused me as a TCD, managing to keep me under the 200 punch mark so I wouldnt go FT. No reason they wouldn't do the same with the hybrids.
Dont gp making sense now...
He's gonna say that you're Benben too.

Chester

Yes and if they do an inside shift for half and drive for half it would take 2 to cover 1 regular drivers shift, how many regular drivers work only 8 hours?