How to fight a rollaway accident

Sounds like he got terminated for getting a third letter. Not for a runaway vehicle. Seems to me as if that isn't quite the same thing.

if the truck didnt have a ebrake failure, the truck wouldnt be rolling down the hill. if i would of known that the truck wasnt safe to park on a hill, i wouldnt have parked there in the first place

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
that will be brought up during the gft. i am still suspended with pay. not fired yet
Hmm. This all smells fishy. I've never heard of anyone getting three warning letters and a PAID suspension. Usually upon issuance of the 3rd warning letter, they are walking you out the door and you're done. Makes me wonder one of two things...1. You're leaving something out or lying (which it doesn't sound like you're doing) or 2. They lied about the results of that brake test.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You're not going to win this one. I've never heard of a termination due to a rollaway being overturned. I guess it doesn't hurt to try a GFT if you really want to keep your job. Just don't get your hopes up. The best thing for you to do otherwise is take that video to a good attorney and fight for unemployment benefits.

Wrong.

fedex_rtd

i cannot use that video because on my suspension letter it said i am not suppose to contact any fedex employee
Look...you are fighting for your job, why would you want to play by their rules??? Show them the video, and if the vehicle hit another car or building make that video available to the third party insurance company.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Look...you are fighting for your job, why would you want to play by their rules??? Show them the video, and if the vehicle hit another car or building make that video available to the third party insurance company.
I think he's worrying about getting the other courier in trouble, rightfully so.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
anything is possible. 2 other warning letters, roll-away , not turning the wheels ( which is in the dmv manual ).

that's like 3 strikes. how long have you been employed here? how is your overall record? have you had a free consultation with an attorney that handles these kind of cases?

i would speak to an attorney , not the clowns here.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You're not going to win this one. I've never heard of a termination due to a rollaway being overturned. I guess it doesn't hurt to try a GFT if you really want to keep your job. Just don't get your hopes up. The best thing for you to do otherwise is take that video to a good attorney and fight for unemployment benefits.
Maybe the E Brake wasn't properly torqued.

STFXG

Probably didn't set the brake properly if it's functioning. Maybe pulled/pushed it, just not hard enough.