How to give raises

How should raises be given?

• Percentage

• Set dollar amount (everyone gets $X.XX)

• Other...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Why don't you go find a good job with good benefits? No reason to wake up everyday going to job you don't enjoy. Then again. it does give you something to complain about.

If you had a man and woman, they most likely would enjoy each other and ignore you. Negative people put off a negative vibe even in those situations.
Golly gee. Why didn't I think of that before??? THANK you Oldfart!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Don't mention it. You seem to live in an area with great jobs since yours is OK. Why not strive for more?
One of the best perks of working for FedEx is knowing my check will be deposited into my account every week. That is why I'm still here. One more year til my child goes to college and THEN I will be free to look into other options.

Oldfart

One of the best perks of working for FedEx is knowing my check will be deposited into my account every week. That is why I'm still here. One more year til my child goes to college and THEN I will be free to look into other options.
Direct deposit makes you stick around? If I were like you and didn't like my job, I would find time to cash my check on payday. Why dont you try Burger King. My daughter worked there in high school. They had direct deposit.

vantexan

You guys keep forgetting that it's the 10-step raises that have been set. NOT a time period. It could all end tomorrow. I will not count my chickens before they're hatched, or expect a raise until I see it on my check. FedEx giveth....FedEx taketh away.
Do you really expect them to implement a new pay system this comprehensive and just take it away arbitrarily? Ground is pretty much up and running and churning profits. Cost reductions are in place, increasing profits. And they had to reduce turnover. The young adults are the future, they have to give them something concrete to build on or the company will fail.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Do you really expect them to implement a new pay system this comprehensive and just take it away arbitrarily? Ground is pretty much up and running and churning profits. Cost reductions are in place, increasing profits. And they had to reduce turnover. The young adults are the future, they have to give them something concrete to build on or the company will fail.
Do I expect them to? No. Do I think it's possible? Yes.

vantexan

Do I expect them to? No. Do I think it's possible? Yes.
Based on their track record I understand why you feel that way. If we have another serious crash no doubt things will be put on hold. But in ordinary years they won't just take it away on a whim. Nor will they become magnanimous giving everyone a decent raise plus an inflation adjustment. They've created a schedule that everyone is on. As far as top out, notice there isn't a step 11. With everyone else being paid more I wouldn't count on continued raises once topped out. They aren't that generous.

Nolimitz

85 or so people on AM. That is 1 heck of a stoplight
85 on AM and you don't know what DRA is.... NOT! you are so full of your self you must have brown eyes too. We have less than 85 here. half station is DRA half SRA and we cover half the state, from a capitol city

Oldfart

85 on AM and you don't know what DRA is.... NOT! you are so full of your self you must have brown eyes too. We have less than 85 here. half station is DRA half SRA and we cover half the state, from a capitol city
Whatever you say boss. I know what it is but for some reason we have never put it in play. We used Plaids on SDR years ago and then Rhoads, but I never worked Saturdays when they used them. Our station does it the old fashion way. We set boundaries and try our best to balance.

Oldfart

I will forgive you for your ignorance about how our station operates.