How to go from PT supervisor to FT?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Hoonr, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Hoonr

Hoonr New Member

I just recently became a pt supervisor and would like to know if anyone can tell me how to become a FT supervisor as fast as possible. I understand this won’t be something that’s gonna happen overnight or anything. I’m aware that going FT is a big commitment and is not for everyone but I would like to know how to increase my chances of getting a FT position. TIA !

2. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

be in school, make your FT and manager happy with you, be organized, never complain or excuse poor performance, treat your employees fairly but always hold them to the standard, keep your hands off the packages

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Hoonr

Hoonr New Member

I’ll lie for money haha ‍♂️

4. Hoonr

Hoonr New Member

Thanks for the tips, I’m currently looking into getting my associates. So is the reason you say “keep your hands off the packages” so I don’t get a grievance(s)?

5. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

6. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

It is difficult as it is a bottle neck.
    LOTS of pt Sups vying for less than a handful of ft positions thar may open up.
    It might not be what you know, but who you know?

7. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

no, it’s so you keep your mind focused on your real job: training and improving the skill level of your new and older employees

every package you handle is less time you could have been doing something actually useful

8. Hoonr

Hoonr New Member

How helpful in improving my chances would getting an associates degree be you think?

9. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

I'd think an associates degree would be helpful for landing a decently paying job that utilizes the practical skills you learned at the CC. RN, electrical, surveying, utility, HVAC etc.

Probably not that helpful in moving up the management ladder of a large corporation.

10. Yeet

Yeet Inbound, turnaround, go to town

Pretty sure a bachelors is required in my hub for FT sup.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

I'm told a bachelors isn't required to be management in operations but you'll never go any higher or anywhere else within the company.

A bachelors is required if you want to climb the ladder of success. Amazingly it doesn't matter what your bachelor degree is in.

12. Yeet

Yeet Inbound, turnaround, go to town

Correct. It could be a BA in basket weaving and they wouldn’t care.

13. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

you aint getting an RN with an assoc degree.

14. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Or as Dave Ramsey says "left handed puppetry"

15. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

"If you’re interested in a career as a registered nurse (RN), there are several paths for starting your career. To become a nurse you can earn a 2-3 year RN diploma or associate degree in nursing (ADN) or a four-year bachelor of science in nursing (BSN)."

BSN Degree vs RN Differences - 2019 NurseJournal.org

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Are you a minority? If so, your chances are greatly improved.

17. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

A female minority doesn't even have to apply .They just tell UPS if they want the position or not.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Mack37

Mack37 Member

Must be the truth. I had to stop by the HR/employment office to ask about something I got in the mail and it was literally nothing but minority women. I was the only male and the only white person in the whole building.

Nice ladies, though.

19. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

We need to make America male again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  20. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Can't be fired either.