How was your Friday after Thanksgiving?

poophappens

Had 219 resi stops and was on the clock for 11hours and 59 min.. So I guess I got max pay for the day :/ whatever that is for California

wkmac

Our volume on the local sort was barely 40% of our normal Friday volume if it was that high. Midnight was low but being the first year for a midnight sort, hard to measure it. Against last Friday night, oh yeah, WAY down. Not sure next year will be an "all hands on deck" workday.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Our volume on the local sort was barely 40% of our normal Friday volume if it was that high. Midnight was low but being the first year for a midnight sort, hard to measure it. Against last Friday night, oh yeah, WAY down. Not sure next year will be an "all hands on deck" workday.
Our preload was hammered friday morning, we had trailers stacked 3 deep out from the fence waiting to go on the door. If we had rolled all that volume to monday it would have been a show.

wkmac

Our Preload got hammered this morning (Monday). Got a text from my counterpart who quoted the famous line from Jaws, "We're gonna need a bigger boat!" Headed to work in a few hours so it will be interesting to see how our local and midnight sort runs tonight. Volume projection on the local sort calls for about 50% more volume than a normal Monday but in the case of IE, it ain't like the old days as these clowns couldn't hit a number if it was the side of a barn and you gave them Mt. Everest to throw at it.

Been working 12 hours shifts since October and it's really starting to get old. This is my 34th peak and I've never seen anything like this. But as King Theoden famously said at the battle of Helm's Deep, "Thus It Begins!"

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Our Preload got hammered this morning (Monday). Got a text from my counterpart who quoted the famous line from Jaws, "We're gonna need a bigger boat!" Headed to work in a few hours so it will be interesting to see how our local and midnight sort runs tonight. Volume projection on the local sort calls for about 50% more volume than a normal Monday but in the case of IE, it ain't like the old days as these clowns couldn't hit a number if it was the side of a barn and you gave them Mt. Everest to throw at it.

Been working 12 hours shifts since October and it's really starting to get old. This is my 34th peak and I've never seen anything like this. But as King Theoden famously said at the battle of Helm's Deep, "Thus It Begins!"
Why are you still there after 34 years, just a polite question. Inquiring minds want to know!

wkmac

Why are you still there after 34 years, just a polite question. Inquiring minds want to know!

First, I don't have to touch a UPS vehicle, I don't have to touch a package, I don't have to interact with the first UPS customer.

Second, it's not a career, now it's a means to an end.

Third, when it comes to my job, I know vastly more than my management team, they know it and openly admit it, thus we have an arrangement.

At the moment this seems to work for all concerned so for another couple of years I'll continue, then evaluate.

wkmac

The jumpers had it made I heard because majority of the time was spent driving around looking for opened businesses.

If this peak doesn't work, the jumpers will be at 55 Glenlake. Just being curious, I drove by the address just to see the control tower we keep hearing about and things didn't lot so well.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/friend/2010/213/3/3/The_Eye_of_Sauron_by_RobAndersonJr.jpg