How will “8.6%” inflation affect Brown?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The government causes inflation and they also measure the inflation so of course they’d find math trickery to make it as low as possible. They don’t count food and energy costs in their inflation metrics. It’s probably around 16-20% in reality.
Energy is everything and food prices started jacking up once Biden declared war on fossil fuels. High fertilizer prices affect everything.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The government causes inflation and they also measure the inflation so of course they’d find math trickery to make it as low as possible. They don’t count food and energy costs in their inflation metrics. It’s probably around 16-20% in reality.
it's more like 40%.
Recently have been noticing some declines.....we shop on Amazon a lot and prices are coming down...still a lot higher from last year but down from the highs.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Plus they compare the inflation rate to 40 years ago when they didn’t even figure it the same way. Devious bastards

ManInBrown

Was in the mood for a little candy so I hit up my local Walgreens this morning. First package of candy I’ve probably bought in 4 years. Used to buy multiple items weekly so I’m well versed and remember what it used to cost. An item that I probably paid $1.79 max for last time I bought, was $5.49 lololololol. 8.6% lolololololololol

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Was in the mood for a little candy so I hit up my local Walgreens this morning. First package of candy I’ve probably bought in 4 years. Used to buy multiple items weekly so I’m well versed and remember what it used to cost. An item that I probably paid $1.79 max for last time I bought, was $5.49 lololololol. 8.6% lolololololololol
Scary

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

it's more like 40%.
Recently have been noticing some declines.....we shop on Amazon a lot and prices are coming down...still a lot higher from last year but down from the highs.
The biggest item I noticed was chlorine for my pool. A 40lbs bucket two years ago was 80$ couldn’t find any last year due to a shortage and this year I paid 200$ for a 40lbs bucket. Had to pay sticker for a car this year but had a great trade in value so it balanced out.

It will be fine

The biggest item I noticed was chlorine for my pool. A 40lbs bucket two years ago was 80$ couldn’t find any last year due to a shortage and this year I paid 200$ for a 40lbs bucket. Had to pay sticker for a car this year but had a great trade in value so it balanced out.
Think the shortage/global pandemic/supply chain issues had anything to do with that price increase? WDFD supply chains will return to pre-pandemic normals soon enough as will inflation.