Hub Running a Sort on Memorial Day

Heavy Package

Seems crazy to work that holiday.

Your GD right it's crazy to work "That Holiday". Memorial Day honors those who have given their life for this country. :censored2: Amazon, Target, Walmart, etc. You'll get your :censored2: the next day and show some respect to those who allow you to run your business and enjoy the freedoms this country and all of us enjoy.

JustDeliverIt

Can't pay me enough to work a holiday anymore. When I was preload, it was the easiest work and I could still go home to the family and spend the day doing whatever. Now that I'm driving, no thanks. Give me 5 days a week, 45ish hours a week and I'm good. There's always more work if you need to, never enough time.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
This week I'm working a 4 day S-W feeder run and leaving Friday covering a 2.5 day sleeper run that will all be paid at 1.5x and 2x. I'll be back for most of Monday and probably gross $4500 for the hassle. I do this 2-3 times a year to make up for all the days I skip to attend my children's school and sporting events. I have stayed on daily feeder coverage so I can pass work any day I choose.

I've already had 3, 3 day weeks this year and quite a few 4 day weeks and I'm almost at $50k for the year by maximizing the amount of money I make when I do work! I still have 4 of my option days available and a ton of banked sick days as well.

Some see this as me losing a day off they are giving us. I see this entire week as me earning an extra 7 days pay by working 2 extra days. I'll take those days when I want throughout the year.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
5 year I could refinance for lower payments if needed but it’s kind of pointless considering I would more than likely just sell the truck if I lost my job and buy a station wagon to crash on while shower at a gym and using a laundry mat.

Only reason I don’t do that now is I have a dog and wouldn’t want to leave him in a car all day. Living in an apartment and owning a home is too bourgeois for me I hate the stability.

Maybe you and RickyB could share a van

Your GD right it's crazy to work "That Holiday". Memorial Day honors those who have given their life for this country. friend* Amazon, Target, Walmart, etc. You'll get your S* the next day and show some respect to those who allow you to run your business and enjoy the freedoms this country and all of us enjoy.

I choose to show my respect by continuing to work, which I am thankful to our great vets who granted this right to me. I can think of no better way to show my gratitude.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
How far are you losers in debt that you even think about working when you don't have to?

It's hard to pass up $75/hr to drive a semi and listen to the radio, unless there is something planned ahead of time.

If I have nothing else going on, I may work a holiday.

I am not disrespecting those who have given their life for this country just because I decided to work. I can still honor them.

And hell. I already see the wife 7 days a week as it is.....

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Every young married couple I know has to have a 3 or 4 hundred thousand dollar home
this had been discussed over and over. you know damn well there are MANY areas where a 900 sq ft shack is over 300k. ya grow up and get married and do the best you can at making a family like your supposed to. wife kids house cars. maybe mommy and daddy did well and your an only child and get nice fat inheritance or parents helped buy your house or paid your school off or whatever. or maybe you drained your 401k early with a hardship to help fight legal battles that where about to imprison your father or maybe mom needed that new hip and couldn't pay for it so your shelling out that 80 grand or maybe sonny boy likes the spoon and the needle and and and... point is there a a billion stories out there and to call someone a loser cause they work a holiday for extra cash is just plain wrong

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
this had been discussed over and over. you know damn well there are MANY areas where a 900 sq ft shack is over 300k. ya grow up and get married and do the best you can at making a family like your supposed to. wife kids house cars. maybe mommy and daddy did well and your an only child and get nice fat inheritance or parents helped buy your house or paid your school off or whatever. or maybe you drained your 401k early with a hardship to help fight legal battles that where about to imprison your father or maybe mom needed that new hip and couldn't pay for it so your shelling out that 80 grand or maybe sonny boy likes the spoon and the needle and and and... point is there a a billion stories out there and to call someone a loser cause they work a holiday for extra cash is just plain wrong
This.
I finished an associates and instead walked directly into a job at UPS because all the money my parents had set aside for me and my sibling's college education dried up. Not declared as a student savings account and the vast majority of it was spent in a divorce battle.
Even then, if you can find ways to save money, save it. Most of my time right now is spent doing my own car repair all the way down to the head block because I save $2000 in labor and parts so far only cost me $300. The second car I picked up was less than $2000 licensing fees included and it took me over 2 months to finally find a good car from a good private seller.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Don't worry. You will make a dent in the balance before you pay for the wedding.
Nah. Paying interest only. She's on the hook for the rest. The wedding will be fine because she isn't like most women and have to have a 20k wedding. She is frugal like her Mom and I. In the end it's the bond that matters, not the venue and all the other unnecessary stuff that comes with it.

bowhnterdon

Must be nice, congrats.

Poorly managed pension funds soon to be bled dry by an avalanche of baby boomer retirements at the same time that automation drastically cuts new contributions to the Ponzi scheme....

I'll take my double time.
You got that right. 10-15 years from now more plans will be in trouble, save all you can if you are young. I started the 401 as soon as it was offered. Wish I would have put more in..