Hub Running a Sort on Memorial Day

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Ahhhhhh, the old guard. Get with the times Gramps. Your daughter's community college tuition was probably about $100 a year when you paid for it back in the late 70s. Times have changed and the income-to-tuition ratio hasn't remained the same.
Sounds like a bunch of excuses.
I pay cash for everything.
Debt is for suckas and stupid people.
Times haven't changed....the level of Financial Ignorance has

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Not everyone wants to work into their 60s and depend on a pension check they have no control over.

Anyways, if it's all about maximizing time off, you should be working the holiday at double time then taking two days off.
You younger guys should worry about social security too. System starts going broke by 2034 if nothing is done. Add to that millions of illegal's that will add little but potentially drain much.

rod

Retired 22 years
Ahhhhhh, the old guard. Get with the times Gramps. Your daughter's community college tuition was probably about $100 a year when you paid for it back in the late 70s. Times have changed and the income-to-tuition ratio hasn't remained the same.
Actually it was the late 90's and my daughter graduated from the U of Wisconsin- Madison. She had very little debt at grad time because she got a job as night manager at the University owned hotel where all the visiting speakers and professors stayed. Free room and board and was allowed to work on school work and use their computer equipment when it wasn't busy. The place was closed on weekends so she had every weekend off and access to the hotels Olympic sized swimming pool. It was located on Campus one block off of State Street (party central for the U kids). We used to visit her at least once a month - just like a mini vacation. My daughter was (is) a very down to earth kid who wasn't afraid to make her own way-- unlike most of todays youth who just take it for granite that dear old mom and dad are going to pay for EVERYTHING.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Actually it was the late 90's and my daughter graduated from the U of Wisconsin- Madison. She had very little debt at grad time because she got a job as night manager at the University owned hotel where all the visiting speakers and professors stayed. Free room and board and was allowed to work on school work and use their computer equipment when it wasn't busy. The place was closed on weekends so she had every weekend off and access to the hotels Olympic sized swimming pool. It was located on Campus one block off of State Street (party central for the U kids). We used to visit her at least once a month - just like a mini vacation. My daughter was (is) a very down to earth kid who wasn't afraid to make her own way-- unlike most of todays youth who just take it for granite that dear old mom and dad are going to pay for EVERYTHING.
csb
Not

Zowert

I would work Memorial Day if they offered, it’s double time for holidays (at least in my local). However, with the business heavy routes we have here it wouldn’t make sense. Probably just be delivering Amazon crap to people who aren’t home, which would sit on their porch all weekend waiting to be snatched by porch pirates.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I would work Memorial Day if they offered, it’s double time for holidays (at least in my local). However, with the business heavy routes we have here it wouldn’t make sense. Probably just be delivering Amazon crap to people who aren’t home, which would sit on their porch all weekend waiting to be snatched by porch pirates.
Memorial Day is a Monday

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Must be nice, congrats.

Poorly managed pension funds soon to be bled dry by an avalanche of baby boomer retirements at the same time that automation drastically cuts new contributions to the Ponzi scheme....

I'll take my double time.
And boomers leeching off the pension for 30+ years which was never the intent.

And boomers leeching off the pension for 30+ years which was never the intent.
Lots of problems added to pension issues. Stupid government regulations saying that the plans can't be over funded. So what do many plans do, they raised the payout instead of issuing a 13th payment. People are living longer and many companies that used to be part of the plan are no longer in business but they still have people collecting off of the plans. Then throw in 911 and the market crash of 2009 ....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lots of problems added to pension issues. Stupid government regulations saying that the plans can't be over funded. So what do many plans do, they raised the payout instead of issuing a 13th payment. People are living longer and many companies that used to be part of the plan are no longer in business but they still have people collecting off of the plans. Then throw in 911 and the market crash of 2009 ....
I’m just taking a cheap shot at @rod