Hubs not implementing 22.4

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Many of us work at hubs that dont have weekend delivery, yet all we hear from the Union is how great 22.4 is going to be for RPCD drivers. What improvements can guys like me expect? Especially being someone who is still in the God awful long progression where the company saves over 10 bucks an hour my first 4 years. Is the 22.4 thier "flagship" accomplishment? Is that supposed to be thier big contract seller?

542thruNthru

Many of us work at hubs that dont have weekend delivery, yet all we hear from the Union is how great 22.4 is going to be for RPCD drivers. What improvements can guys like me expect? Especially being someone who is still in the God awful long progression where the company saves over 10 bucks an hour my first 4 years. Is the 22.4 thier "flagship" accomplishment? Is that supposed to be thier big contract seller?

To be honest man no one knows what to expect just yet. I don't see big improvements for you but that still remains to be seen.

When the contract comes out read it and decide for yourself how you feel about it. Don't listen to the raw raw speeches of both sides.

F

Frankie's Friend

If you dont have any weekend routes trust me, you'll have at least 1 shortly just to work 22.4s.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They will use 22.4 drivers during the week. This whole weekend thing is just a misdirection. There is no restrictions on what 5 days they work. They will be working during the week replacing rpcd work.

542thruNthru

They will use 22.4 drivers during the week. This whole weekend thing is just a misdirection. There is no restrictions on what 5 days they work. They will be working during the week replacing rpcd work.

He doesn't have Sat delivery where he is so the company can not hire 22.4 in his building till they start a Sat delivery.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
He doesn't have Sat delivery where he is so the company can not hire 22.4 in his building till they start a Sat delivery.
That is completely false. There is no restrictions for creating a 22.4 driver except for the current 25% maximum that can be changed at anytime. They can work any consecutive 5 days including m-friend exclusively driving.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
To be honest man no one knows what to expect just yet. I don't see big improvements for you but that still remains to be seen.

When the contract comes out read it and decide for yourself how you feel about it. Don't listen to the raw raw speeches of both sides.
Well so far it doesnt look like ill have any improvements. The 9.5 language they released doesnt specify exactly who will get the easy protection but ive heard rumors that it will only pretain to full time bid drivers and not cover drivers. Hopefully thats bogus.
My pay is already the roughly the same as the new starting wage and we still havent seen any language that would keep the company from just simply violating 9.5 like they do now, especially since we dont have Saturday ground.

CoolStoryBro

22.4 hoses part timers. It's weekends at a lower rate. longer wait to become a RPCD.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Cart before the horse, contract has not been formally presented and I have a good feeling that it will be shot down on first go around primarily because of 22.4

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Cart before the horse, contract has not been formally presented and I have a good feeling that it will be shot down on first go around primarily because of 22.4
In a negotiating situation, I don't think you should EVER take the first offer. Especially a contract that got a handshake agreement months before it expired. In my 38 years of contracts, I never voted yes on the first round.

Over70irregs

They put out first contract option to see how strong you are. Then come out later with the contract that they will force down your throat using override bylaws.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Anyone know which thread had the proposed 22.4 with the 50% of regular PCD. Wanted to compare it to the tentative but can not find.

OrionIsDaddy

My hub starts saturday ground on August 4th lol what a coincidence, first saturday after new contract.

They've been pushing the date back for months

Over disciplined0123

Saving tons of money lengthening progression periods. Now 22.4 combo drivers it is just thier plan of reducing drivers wages because soon all of us RPCD drivers will be retired. The majority of these drivers were hired in 1990s at the start of the internet craze.. once we are gone the max rate of all drivers will be 10$ less a hour

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Our hub is only like 32 full time drivers so I dont see us implementing 22.4 drivers. The unions claims and mailings have been that the 22.4 will help us get days off and curb forced overtime, so how does us small hubs get overtime help? Im hopeful the new 9.5 language is better and clear. Theve manipulated our current 9.5 language to the point its worthless

upswife75

That is completely false. There is no restrictions for creating a 22.4 driver except for the current 25% maximum that can be changed at anytime. They can work any consecutive 5 days including m-friend exclusively driving.

According to the mailer that we got in the mail today...

"The Company can only use the new combination drivers at buildings where the Company delivers on Saturday or Sunday."

Of course, that doesn't specify whether those deliveries include air or just ground. Here locally, only air is delivered on Saturdays and nothing moves on Sundays (except during peak).

Superteeth2478

New to this teamster thing. Where can I find the language surrounding the override bylaws.
Article XII, Section 2 of the IBT Constitution specifies what happens if there aren't enough votes...If enough of the membership doesn't vote the contract down it will be "imposed", so to speak, even if the majority of those who voted did vote "no".

Article XII, Section 6 was abused in the last contract to impose the supplementals that were repeatedly voted down by amending the language. It was claimed by Hoffa and his leadership that the holdout locals were voting down their supplementals because of language in the NMA which had already been voted in, and this was used to impose the supplementals.

Last edited: