Hubs not implementing 22.4

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
According to the mailer that we got in the mail today...

"The Company can only use the new combination drivers at buildings where the Company delivers on Saturday or Sunday."

Of course, that doesn't specify whether those deliveries include air or just ground. Here locally, only air is delivered on Saturdays and nothing moves on Sundays (except during peak).
Same here. We have Saturday air but no Ground.

542thruNthru

Anyone know which thread had the proposed 22.4 with the 50% of regular PCD. Wanted to compare it to the tentative but can not find.

Ask and you shall receive. :)

IMG_1132.jpg
sketch-1529621103042.png

DOK

Many of us work at hubs that dont have weekend delivery, yet all we hear from the Union is how great 22.4 is going to be for RPCD drivers. What improvements can guys like me expect? Especially being someone who is still in the God awful long progression where the company saves over 10 bucks an hour my first 4 years. Is the 22.4 thier "flagship" accomplishment? Is that supposed to be thier big contract seller?

It’s getting voted down, back to the negotiating table

DOK

Many of us work at hubs that dont have weekend delivery, yet all we hear from the Union is how great 22.4 is going to be for RPCD drivers. What improvements can guys like me expect? Especially being someone who is still in the God awful long progression where the company saves over 10 bucks an hour my first 4 years. Is the 22.4 thier "flagship" accomplishment? Is that supposed to be thier big contract seller?
To be honest man no one knows what to expect just yet. I don't see big improvements for you but that still remains to be seen.

When the contract comes out read it and decide for yourself how you feel about it. Don't listen to the raw raw speeches of both sides.
Well so far it doesnt look like ill have any improvements. The 9.5 language they released doesnt specify exactly who will get the easy protection but ive heard rumors that it will only pretain to full time bid drivers and not cover drivers. Hopefully thats bogus.
My pay is already the roughly the same as the new starting wage and we still havent seen any language that would keep the company from just simply violating 9.5 like they do now, especially since we dont have Saturday ground.

If you’re a cover driver you’re now replaced by a 22.4.

Hethatbeking

Article XII, Section 2 of the IBT Constitution specifies what happens if there aren't enough votes...If enough of the membership doesn't vote the contract down it will be "imposed", so to speak, even if the majority of those who voted did vote "no".

Article XII, Section 6 was abused in the last contract to impose the supplementals that were repeatedly voted down by amending the language. It was claimed by Hoffa and his leadership that the holdout locals were voting down their supplementals because of language in the NMA which had already been voted in, and this was used to impose the supplementals.
Wow. WTF did I get myself into?

I agree but at the same time there are so many FT drivers and Feeder drivers that could care less and just want their raise and pension help.
Unfortunately that's what has become of the union members . Even my wife says why do you care about others, you should worry about what's best for you. Guess I grew up in a different generation of Teamsters.
Maybe I should just say friend* it.

Hethatbeking

Unfortunately that's what has become of the union members . Even my wife says why do you care about others, you should worry about what's best for you. Guess I grew up in a different generation of Teamsters.
Explain to your wife that if ever generation of Teamsters begin to reflect her opinion then you, her husband, won't have much of a pension to depend on because it's the young Teamsters who pay the pensions of those who have retired.

Explain to your wife that if ever generation of Teamsters begin to reflect her opinion then you her husband won't have a pension to depend on because it's the young Teamsters who pay the pensions of those who have retired.
I've always saved for myself. And honestly you younger guys don't stay around that long, it actually helps my pension plan.

542thruNthru

What I tell people is the more we become divided the more the company and union can use us against each other. Point in case 22.4 jobs.

Union is banking on PT votes and voter apathy to get this contract passed. I'm still waiting for my call from Danny DeVito! :)

What I tell people is the more we become divided the more the company and union can use us against each other. Point in case 22.4 jobs.

Union is banking on PT votes and voter apathy to get this contract passed. I'm still waiting for my call from Danny DeVito! :)
EapEspecia if you are a newbie and only making $10-$11... That's a big pay jump.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
According to the mailer that we got in the mail today...

"The Company can only use the new combination drivers at buildings where the Company delivers on Saturday or Sunday."

Of course, that doesn't specify whether those deliveries include air or just ground. Here locally, only air is delivered on Saturdays and nothing moves on Sundays (except during peak).
There are no restrictions
Its not in the proposed language.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Our hub is only like 32 full time drivers so I dont see us implementing 22.4 drivers. The unions claims and mailings have been that the 22.4 will help us get days off and curb forced overtime, so how does us small hubs get overtime help? Im hopeful the new 9.5 language is better and clear. Theve manipulated our current 9.5 language to the point its worthless
a 32 driver center is pretty backwater so i doubt the company is losing sleep over a handful of 22.4 lost there