Hubs not implementing 22.4

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
From what I'm told this is true in my area but may not be true for areas with FT cover drivers
We dont have part time or Temporary Cover Drivers. If you deliver ground your either a full time " bid route" or " unassigned" seniority driver or your in the 30 in process to gain seniority. With the exception of Christmas peak

Inthegame

He said...

He doesn't have Sat delivery where he is so the company can not hire 22.4 in his building till they start a Sat delivery.

You said...

That is completely false. There is no restrictions for creating a 22.4 driver except for the current 25% maximum that can be changed at anytime. They can work any consecutive 5 days including m-friend exclusively driving.

Yet the proposed language states...

Section 4. (b). Full-Time Combination Drivers
All existing regular full-time package car drivers (RPCD) shall be considered RPCD drivers for the purpose of this Section. The Union and Company commit to protect existing RPCDs from being scheduled or forced to perform weekend delivery work and increasing the number of full-time opportunities for part-time employees. To achieve these objectives, the Company may create full-time 22.4 combination driving jobs. Such jobs may include inside work. In the event the Company utilizes this classification, the following shall apply only to those buildings that include Saturday or Sunday delivery.

But you weren't done yet...
There is no restrictions on what 5 days they work.
and
There are no restrictions
Its not in the proposed language.
Article 22-Full-Time Combination and Part-Time Employees - UPS Rising
http://ibt.io/22.4b

And yet that pesky proposed language you posted states the restriction you claim isn't there.
  1. All 22.4 combination drivers shall be guaranteed eight (8) consecutive hours of straight time pay per day, if reporting as scheduled. All 22.4 combination drivers shall work a five (5) consecutive day schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject.
One loses credibility fast when one is inaccurate. Either you don't understand what you read or you're intentionally trying to mislead.
I wonder what it is?

542thruNthru

He said...

You said...

All existing regular full-time package car drivers (RPCD) shall be considered RPCD drivers for the purpose of this Section. The Union and Company commit to protect existing RPCDs from being scheduled or forced to perform weekend delivery work and increasing the number of full-time opportunities for part-time employees. To achieve these objectives, the Company may create full-time 22.4 combination driving jobs. Such jobs may include inside work. In the event the Company utilizes this classification, the following shall apply only to those buildings that include Saturday or Sunday delivery.

and

And yet that pesky proposed language you posted states the restriction you claim isn't there.
  1. All 22.4 combination drivers shall be guaranteed eight (8) consecutive hours of straight time pay per day, if reporting as scheduled. All 22.4 combination drivers shall work a five (5) consecutive day schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject.
One loses credibility fast when one is inaccurate. Either you don't understand what you read or you're intentionally trying to mislead.
I wonder what it is?

Thank you, I think.

I saw the first language but didn't want to point it out being that I felt it could be interpreted different ways.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
He said...

You said...

and

I wonder what it is?
That weak language does not prevent them from creating a m-friend hybrid job in a center that currently does not run saturdays.
In fact i would argue none of the protections apply to rpcd.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

My center needs to hurry up with Saturday deliver then so we can have 22.4 drivers and I can do less work. Amirite?

tenor-14.gif

tenor-1.gif

Inthegame

That weak language does not prevent them from creating a m-friend hybrid job in a center that currently does not run saturdays.
Nothing "prevents" UPS from trying anything except the contract and the right to grieve. That "weak" language is present to avoid your scenario, and if attempted, would be a clear contract violation.
In fact i would argue none of the protections apply to rpcd.
And you'd be wrong again. NM22 Sec 4 b.Sub 1,2,3,4,8,10 all apply to RPCD's.

Inthegame

Thank you, I think.

I saw the first language but didn't want to point it out being that I felt it could be interpreted different ways.
You're welcome, I think.

I agree this language is not what I was hoping for and of course UPS will try to wiggle around every corner as always.

But the concerns that the Committee addressed are the rampant abuse of air drivers and 22.3's doing delivery work regularly in many areas, the peak hours being forced on RPCD's year round and not corrected by the promised 2013 9.5 language, the recent decision to work Saturdays and maybe Sundays that have not been widely accepted by veteran drivers, and of course the 70 hour insanity of last peak.

In the long run, all of these issues are the result of the chronic short staffing throughout the country. That is the elephant in every grievance panel room for the last 5+ years and will remain so. I see no language requiring staffing reviews.

Much of this language needs touching up, but my buddy Silenze (a Feeder driver) wants a no vote so bad he can't read what's written and then misleads with suppositions, and that gets too hard to take.

HereWeGoAgain

Many of us work at hubs that dont have weekend delivery, yet all we hear from the Union is how great 22.4 is going to be for RPCD drivers. What improvements can guys like me expect? Especially being someone who is still in the God awful long progression where the company saves over 10 bucks an hour my first 4 years. Is the 22.4 thier "flagship" accomplishment? Is that supposed to be thier big contract seller?
Well Monday used to just suck, now that we have saturday ground... Mondays have turned into a living hell, I had 130 stops today 92 business. ( 8 HOUR REQUEST) lol worked 11 hours will be filing tomorrow. I really really wish we didnt have Saturday's