Huge layoffs are happening to 22.4s

kforte36

I saw the driver that’s at the bottom of the 22.4 seniority list show up to work in a brand new Dodge Charger last week. It’s interesting looking at the vehicles guys are driving. Most of the old timers are driving (or at least commuting to work in) 10+ year old vehicles. Low seniority guys are showing up in new sports cars and lifted trucks. The mentality seems to be “I finally got a good paying job, I’m gonna go out and buy me a new ride!”
A first year 22.4 only makes $20.50 an hour. Definitely not a good paying job and ridiculous that they would go buy new sports cars. Absolutely insane.

542thruNthru

sketch-1681469987340.jpg

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Define consecutive. Some are taking it as no 2 hour break between PT jobs.

This is regards to 22.4 driver layoffs.

If they bid a 22.4 job that includes inside work.... then this language applies:

5. All 22.4 combination drivers shall be guaranteed eight (8) consecutive hours of straight time pay per day, if reporting as scheduled. All 22.4 combination drivers shall work a five (5) consecutive day schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject.

6. When the new job includes inside work, the Company shall be entitled to establish up to a one-and-one-half hour (1.5) gap, to include the meal period, between jobs in a workday. All other working conditions not set forth herein, including, but not limited to, the work available for combination with driving, bidding procedures, holidays, vacations, etc. shall be set forth in the Supplements, Riders and Addenda.

Commercial Inside Release

7-10 hours overtime, after that higher taxes knock your rate of pay back down to almost regular rate. Taxes were structured like that in response to overtime abuses. Also, these laws were made for a time when women were homemakers.

Next Day Error

X - Other
7-10 hours overtime, after that higher taxes knock your rate of pay back down to almost regular rate.
They withhold more tax from your check but it evens out at the end of the year.

Taxes on $100,000 gross pay is the same whether you earn it all on straight time or a portion of it in OT. Just want to clarify that for newer folks. You never lose money by working more OT.