Huge layoffs are happening to 22.4s

Thebrownblob

Problem with a mortgage is you pay for the home 4/5 times over before it's yours. The 2021 average house payment was $890 more per month than rent for the same square footage.
Even though my home will be “paid off” in less than two years, I will still have to set aside almost $600 a month for taxes and insurance. SMH

trickpony1

Yeah, but if I miss a couple of those tax payments, they’ll come and take the whole thing and sell it on the courthouse steps. 😂
I don't know what "cowboy mc" thought was funny about this.

I know someone who forgot to pay his property tax. shortly after the due date he got a letter saying if he didn't pay his tax his home would be auctioned off.

....so, you really don't own your home....you're just renting it.

Thebrownblob

I know someone who forgot to pay his property tax. shortly after the due date he got a letter saying if he didn't pay his tax his home would be auctioned off.

Yep

Cowboy Mac

I think it’s hilarious that we’re living in the 1700s again where the government keeps finding new ways to tax us and we just sit there and let them do it.

Cowboy Mac

We wait, with bated breath, for your suggestions!!
I hope you didn’t pass out cause I had to go eat dinner.
1. Vote for the candidates that best align with your morals and ideas.
2. If nobody comes close to that, run for office.
3. If you don’t do 1 or 2, don’t cry to me about what’s wrong with this country.

kforte36

This is the problem I’m having with some of you. Either you want the over time and money or you don’t. You are fighting to cut the excessive overtime then bitch when it’s gone. Which one is it??
Drivers did this in my center too. So annoying.

HavenoEDD

This is the problem I’m having with some of you. Either you want the over time and money or you don’t. You are fighting to cut the excessive overtime then bitch when it’s gone. Which one is it??
This can’t be understated. We can and likely will be our own worst enemy. “I want more time with my family…but I want more hours to pay for the car I just bought”. Those voluntary 6th day punch RCPDs (the ones that enjoy the help out preload phone call) will moan and groan when they don’t get their punch…and just wait until they are off the clock for a few weeks. Bills to pay!
Then, there’s the young runner whose managements best buddy getting told by management that their jobs are on the line.

The tactics have started in our center. PT being told 22.4s are taking their hours and management can’t help them. RCPDs helping preload when there’s laid off drivers in the center and 22.4s being told they will be laid off after a strike because of no volume.

kforte36

This can’t be understated. We can and likely will be our own worst enemy. “I want more time with my family…but I want more hours to pay for the car I just bought”. Those voluntary 6th day punch RCPDs (the ones that enjoy the help out preload phone call) will moan and groan when they don’t get their punch…and just wait until they are off the clock for a few weeks. Bills to pay!
Then, there’s the young runner whose managements best buddy getting told by management that their jobs are on the line.

The tactics have started in our center. PT being told 22.4s are taking their hours and management can’t help them. RCPDs helping preload when there’s laid off drivers in the center and 22.4s being told they will be laid off after a strike because of no volume.
I never understood why drivers don't want the overtime. Take it while it's there.

DriverNerd

I never understood why drivers don't want the overtime. Take it while it's there.
I love my OT and work as much as I can, but as I have a family I can fully understand how someone would not want to work 60 hours a week. Hell, even if you're single that doesn't give you much free time.