Huge layoffs are happening to 22.4s

ManInBrown

Here in feeders we had about the 10 lowest laid off for a few weeks. Now they’ve shifted to no drivers laid off, and not filling the jobs of drivers on vacation and disability. They will just spread that work around.

Brownwind

Amazon is taking over !!
🧔‍♂️✊
My hours are down but I’m still making bank. Funny how it’s playing out.

Hang in there and remember to cash in while you can. It’s getting ugly for sure. Promote the business and fill our trucks both ways. Economy is in limbo and if you are working be the best at what we do.

Yep. I’m the best at what I do.

Its_a_me

This sucks. Exactly what someone said happen in 98 is happening now, UPS is laying off peeps before contract time.
Of course they are. This way when they promise X number of new union jobs in the next contract: they can use the reduced headcount as the baseline number. Re-hire those 22.4's and they just hit the Union's target numbers.

As a bonus it installs fear in the workforce and an attitude of be lucky if you keep what you had last contract.

Meanwhile, they will reduce the number of part-timers: particularly pre-loaders because of the 22.4 bumping (and thus new hires bolting for other opportunities) and then the new RFID system--which hit our building recently.

TeltBender

RFID is trash, we’ve had it for years in our hub and we still get a bunch of bag misloads a day. I remember when I was still tender I was getting 0/150k. These new 22.3s SUCK

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Uh yes in meadowlands I’ve seen about 4 feeder drivers they have an option work inside or unemployment
We are taking voluntary lay offs. With over 600 drivers, there’s plenty of guys that wouldn’t mind a week off. Nothing forced yet. When Covid hit, they cut the bottom 20-40 guys. They went back to the building a whole 1 day before they were calling them to come back. We will see how this plays out.

Thebrownblob

We are taking voluntary lay offs. With over 600 drivers, there’s plenty of guys that wouldn’t mind a week off. Nothing forced yet. When Covid hit, they cut the bottom 20-40 guys. They went back to the building a whole 1 day before they were calling them to come back. We will see how this plays out.
It will Play out like it always does. People will panic and pretend it’s never happened before and then by mid April everyone will be working.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
It will Play out like it always does. People will panic and pretend it’s never happened before and then by mid April everyone will be working.
That was my exact thought. We always have voluntary layoffs this time of year. Had to have been at least 40 people sign up for it and only 5 guys got the week off.

No forced lay offs in my building but drivers are taking days off so the bottom drivers can work. About time some of these guys learned more than a resi route with no pick ups.