Huge layoffs are happening to 22.4s

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Unbelievable how much new homes are selling for even in small towns in the Midwest. Of course no one wants to build a 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath house anymore. Even starter homes are McMansions by my standards. Can't go and buy a $20k Corolla but have to have that $70k cowboy Cadillac just so it sits in the parking lot at work for 12 hours a day.
Yeah you’re both dating yourself and disregarding households that have children. Any vehicle, 4 door, in reputable shape will cost you around 30K. Newer end will cost around 50K. Point being cost of living has gone up while your wages, unless you work at McDonald’s, has stagnated.

PT Car Washer

Yeah you’re both dating yourself and disregarding households that have children. Any vehicle, 4 door, in reputable shape will cost you around 30K. Newer end will cost around 50K. Point being cost of living has gone up while your wages, unless you work at McDonald’s, has stagnated.
I suppose I am dating myself. Still I never thought I would be making $40/hr at the easiest job I have ever had.

vvv

The word around our building is 25-30 layoffs. Some guys are being asked everyday to stay home. Unpaid days off are being handed out like candy. I submitted an 8 hour last week and they asked me the next day if I just wanted the day off. If you’re back to the building by 6pm you’re the last guy back. It’s real slow. I’m not sure how many trips go out on Saturday but we still have a lot of higher senior drivers coming in Saturday’s and keeping the young guys home. This job isn’t nearly as great when you get zero overtime. I’m sure a lot of people are hurting just losing that overtime. I never took OT into consideration when spending big. Always budgeted at 40 hours.
I tend to budget on working 8-16 hours a week at most. :)
I can't deny the OT checks look solid when I was needed to work it, I however am not geared up like that anymore and not willing to sacrifice my time and overall health and burn myself out.
Today I was supposedly needed to work and they tried to get funny giving me too much work and they caught a 10pm eta when I was asked.
Hopefully that caught someones attention and they'll make a better decision in the morning before I arrive.

Cowboy Mac

Pcm this morning: business as usual, then the manager has something to say "I am sure you noticed our volume is down SIGNIFICANTLY. Whats happening is fedex is stealing the volume by going around telling places about UPS potential strike and how you need to sign with them NOW. If i was you low seniority guys i would be worried. I also would tell your representatives that you don't want to strike you want to work! Cause alot of people didn't work after the last strike and the union gained NOTHING...."

So many lies and half truths...
Its not like we are returning to precovid volume levels, and there is a possible recession, AND IT IS THE SLOWEST TIME OF THE YEAR EVERY FRIENDIN YEAR! Nope FedEx suddenly stole ALL the volume. This guy..... He had another anti-strike rant around september. 🙄

I was talking to a worker at the post office a couple days ago and she said "we are low on volume. If it wasn't for you guys and Amazon we would have hardly anything to deliver." Yeah i am sure fedex stole their volume too suddenly.
Sounds like an unfair labor practice to me.

Pcm this morning: business as usual, then the manager has something to say "I am sure you noticed our volume is down SIGNIFICANTLY. Whats happening is fedex is stealing the volume by going around telling places about UPS potential strike and how you need to sign with them NOW. If i was you low seniority guys i would be worried. I also would tell your representatives that you don't want to strike you want to work! Cause alot of people didn't work after the last strike and the union gained NOTHING...."

So many lies and half truths...
Its not like we are returning to precovid volume levels, and there is a possible recession, AND IT IS THE SLOWEST TIME OF THE YEAR EVERY FRIENDIN YEAR! Nope FedEx suddenly stole ALL the volume. This guy..... He had another anti-strike rant around september. 🙄

I was talking to a worker at the post office a couple days ago and she said "we are low on volume. If it wasn't for you guys and Amazon we would have hardly anything to deliver." Yeah i am sure fedex stole their volume too suddenly.
Please informing supervisor that was the best contract ever.
We got a 15% raise over to five year contract
10,000 new full-time jobs
Plus lots of other good language

Up In Smoke

As a small business owner, I can attest that wages have grown significantly. Powell has repeated over and over that wages will be the stickiest part of inflation. We have had to become creative when hiring and evaluating for raises. We've started offering paid birthdays, lunches, volunteer hours and gym memberships to avoid higher wages. You can take away a bonus (turkeys), but you can't take away pay and expect employees to stay. Employers last resort is pay, and since 2021, finding, keeping and affording employees is a huge task.

Up In Smoke

Let's not forget the additional dollars paid by your employer into the pension and health/welfare funds. In most cases those dollars refected a 5% yearly raise to those funds. Healthcare premiums continue to rise, especially following a pandemic, and wealth management costs rise with inflation also, yet our out of pocket expenses have not changed. I speak only for my local.

I thought 2018 was the best contract ever.
pYdWuujNKVz6EbLyx7.gif

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

FedEx driver also told me their volume is down right now also. With construction season right around the corner and already at record employment numbers I see wages going up and a booming economy.
Inflation is up again and stocks are down. Which means they’re going to need to be more aggressive with interest rate raises. In turn that leads to more layoffs with businesses borrowing and spending less. Hundreds of thousands have been laid off in the tech industry. There’s still massive shortages of labor in the service industry. The people in charge are giving you the best twist they can provide on the numbers they put out.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I suppose I am dating myself. Still I never thought I would be making $40/hr at the easiest job I have ever had.
$40 is not enough anymore. The last 2-3 years killed the middle class. Burger flippers got their wages bumped up to $20 an hour while the middle got jack.

trickpony1

$40 is not enough anymore. The last 2-3 years killed the middle class. Burger flippers got their wages bumped up to $20 an hour while the middle got jack.
This is what our government wants.

There will be two classes of people:
-the very rich and;
-the very poor.

The middle class is being phased out.

PT Car Washer

Inflation is up again and stocks are down. Which means they’re going to need to be more aggressive with interest rate raises. In turn that leads to more layoffs with businesses borrowing and spending less. Hundreds of thousands have been laid off in the tech industry. There’s still massive shortages of labor in the service industry. The people in charge are giving you the best twist they can provide on the numbers they put out.
Thousands of lay offs and record employment at the same time wages are up. Stocks are down but the Stock Market is not the economy. You sure put a strange twist on reality.