Huge layoffs are happening to 22.4s

HavenoEDD

Layoffs happened same time last year and whilst we cant rule out UPS playing games, when the vacations start up..folks will be back to work.

FozziesDeliveries

Pcm this morning: business as usual, then the manager has something to say "I am sure you noticed our volume is down SIGNIFICANTLY. Whats happening is fedex is stealing the volume by going around telling places about UPS potential strike and how you need to sign with them NOW. If i was you low seniority guys i would be worried. I also would tell your representatives that you don't want to strike you want to work! Cause alot of people didn't work after the last strike and the union gained NOTHING...."

So many lies and half truths...
Its not like we are returning to precovid volume levels, and there is a possible recession, AND IT IS THE SLOWEST TIME OF THE YEAR EVERY FRIENDIN YEAR! Nope FedEx suddenly stole ALL the volume. This guy..... He had another anti-strike rant around september. 🙄

I was talking to a worker at the post office a couple days ago and she said "we are low on volume. If it wasn't for you guys and Amazon we would have hardly anything to deliver." Yeah i am sure fedex stole their volume too suddenly.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Pcm this morning: business as usual, then the manager has something to say "I am sure you noticed our volume is down SIGNIFICANTLY. Whats happening is fedex is stealing the volume by going around telling places about UPS potential strike and how you need to sign with them NOW. If i was you low seniority guys i would be worried. I also would tell your representatives that you don't want to strike you want to work! Cause alot of people didn't work after the last strike and the union gained NOTHING...."

So many lies and half truths...
Its not like we are returning to precovid volume levels, and there is a possible recession, AND IT IS THE SLOWEST TIME OF THE YEAR EVERY FRIENDIN YEAR! Nope FedEx suddenly stole ALL the volume. This guy..... He had another anti-strike rant around september. 🙄

I was talking to a worker at the post office a couple days ago and she said "we are low on volume. If it wasn't for you guys and Amazon we would have hardly anything to deliver." Yeah i am sure fedex stole their volume too suddenly.
Everyone’s down significantly. A FedEx guy I talk to said his managers were praying for a UPS strike so they can save their own rear ends and take our volume permanently. Same deal with USPS, I’ve been told as well that surepost is keeping them afloat. That’s why a strike would be moronic or suicidal. There’s a bunch of democrat stooges in office, but we’re headed into a massive recession or a stagnate economy with high inflation for an extended period of time. We’re already bleeding work and once we lose that strike work it’s gone forever.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
They really cut down on the 9.5here and guys are screaming Bloody murder. L O L I guess now they want the hours?
This is the problem I’m having with some of you. Either you want the over time and money or you don’t. You are fighting to cut the excessive overtime then bitch when it’s gone. Which one is it??

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

The word around our building is 25-30 layoffs. Some guys are being asked everyday to stay home. Unpaid days off are being handed out like candy. I submitted an 8 hour last week and they asked me the next day if I just wanted the day off. If you’re back to the building by 6pm you’re the last guy back. It’s real slow. I’m not sure how many trips go out on Saturday but we still have a lot of higher senior drivers coming in Saturday’s and keeping the young guys home. This job isn’t nearly as great when you get zero overtime. I’m sure a lot of people are hurting just losing that overtime. I never took OT into consideration when spending big. Always budgeted at 40 hours.

Yeet

The word around our building is 25-30 layoffs. Some guys are being asked everyday to stay home. Unpaid days off are being handed out like candy. I submitted an 8 hour last week and they asked me the next day if I just wanted the day off. If you’re back to the building by 6pm you’re the last guy back. It’s real slow. I’m not sure how many trips go out on Saturday but we still have a lot of higher senior drivers coming in Saturday’s and keeping the young guys home. This job isn’t nearly as great when you get zero overtime. I’m sure a lot of people are hurting just losing that overtime. I never took OT into consideration when spending big. Always budgeted at 40 hours.
A 40 hour week at this job doesn’t pay the bills these days. Houses in my area are going for 400K for a modest house. I am lucky that I’m at a large enough hub that I can scrounge for over time if I want it. Many others are not so lucky. Careful what you wish for.

JustDeliverIt

It’s really screwed up here. We just got through our bids, said there was about 40 FT slots/routes open between 3 centers (mostly 22.4 spots). They’re looking to hire drivers to fill all spots.
But there isn’t enough work to have everyone out every day as it is. Cutting routes like crazy, anyone that wants one can have a layoff day. But let’s bring in more drivers.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

A 40 hour week at this job doesn’t pay the bills these days. Houses in my area are going for 400K for a modest house. I am lucky that I’m at a large enough hub that I can scrounge for over time if I want it. Many others are not so lucky. Careful what you wish for.
People just don’t want to live within their means anymore. Last year when gas hit 5$ a gallon I sold my truck, shrunk my car payment, gas and insurance by half. I got rid of a few streaming services, cut out the eating out to once or twice a week and I had an extra 1,000$ a month in the bank.

Everyone’s down significantly. A FedEx guy I talk to said his managers were praying for a UPS strike so they can save their own rear ends and take our volume permanently. Same deal with USPS, I’ve been told as well that surepost is keeping them afloat. That’s why a strike would be moronic or suicidal. There’s a bunch of democrat stooges in office, but we’re headed into a massive recession or a stagnate economy with high inflation for an extended period of time. We’re already bleeding work and once we lose that strike work it’s gone forever.
FedEx driver also told me their volume is down right now also. With construction season right around the corner and already at record employment numbers I see wages going up and a booming economy.

Yeet

People just don’t want to live within their means anymore. Last year when gas hit 5$ a gallon I sold my truck, shrunk my car payment, gas and insurance by half. I got rid of a few streaming services, cut out the eating out to once or twice a week and I had an extra 1,000$ a month in the bank.
Agree and disagree. If you were already established, sure. You could get by with $1,200 a week with a 40 hour check. But with the housing market the way it is now, if you’re just starting, you would be lucky to rent something in a not so great neighborhood at $1,300 a month. Trailers are going for $200K. I don’t think it’s so much as people living outside their means these days as much as it is that a family household makes lets say $150K can’t afford to live in anything but a trailer.

Agree and disagree. If you were already established, sure. You could get by with $1,200 a week with a 40 hour check. But with the housing market the way it is now, if you’re just starting, you would be lucky to rent something in a not so great neighborhood at $1,300 a month. Trailers are going for $200K. I don’t think it’s so much as people living outside their means these days as much as it is that a family household makes lets say $150K can’t afford to live in anything but a trailer.
Not everywhere is like the way you describe. In a lot of places a $100k/yr job would make you the richest family in town. And you can leave your doors unlocked and the keys in your car. Never know when a friend or relative may want to borrow it.

Yeet

Not everywhere is like the way you describe. In a lot of places a $100k/yr job would make you the richest family in town. And you can leave your doors unlocked and the keys in your car. Never know when a friend or relative may want to borrow it.
Like I said, not everyone is so lucky. Wages haven’t changed but cost of living has skyrocketed. I (we) are fortunate enough that we can weather the storm, but I can see how someone who is just starting would be pissed.

Like I said, not everyone is so lucky. Wages haven’t changed but cost of living has skyrocketed. I (we) are fortunate enough that we can weather the storm, but I can see how someone who is just starting would be pissed.
Unbelievable how much new homes are selling for even in small towns in the Midwest. Of course no one wants to build a 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath house anymore. Even starter homes are McMansions by my standards. Can't go and buy a $20k Corolla but have to have that $70k cowboy Cadillac just so it sits in the parking lot at work for 12 hours a day.

Brownwind

This is the problem I’m having with some of you. Either you want the over time and money or you don’t. You are fighting to cut the excessive overtime then bitch when it’s gone. Which one is it??
Yep. They probably gonna get upset when they have to decide over the truck or paying rent. Everyone has to choose. I choose to enjoy the downtime (only worked 48 hours last week and probably the same this week)
Gonna kill a personal day tomorrow and Saturday morning I’ll be thinking of you while I’m on the ice.