Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate

FilingBluesFL

More than I care to count, and a few split shifts working AM/PM due to layoff.

If I knew PM was so easy, I would have never thought of working preload.

PT Car Washer

More than I care to count, and a few split shifts working AM/PM due to layoff.

If I knew PM was so easy, I would have never thought of working preload.
Once I got off the Preload life got good again. And that was over 20 years ago. I see it is even worse now. Can't even keep PT sups around.

PT Car Washer

We've had a lot leave because they didn't want to deal with the BS.

It's like the McDonalds of UPS...
Great for the double shifters. Pick and choose what job you want to do and which day you want to work for $45.00/hr. And if the preload manager says "work as directed", you tell him to call someone else.

AndUPSER

Once I got off the Preload life got good again. And that was over 20 years ago. I see it is even worse now. Can't even keep PT sups around.

Exact opposite in my building. Twilight sort is a total disaster but Preload runs smoothly. Day and Night sort are alright. PT sup are leaving left and right on twilight, forced to promote people who just made book.

PT Car Washer

Exact opposite in my building. Twilight sort is a total disaster but Preload runs smoothly. Day and Night sort are alright. PT sup are leaving left and right on twilight, forced to promote people who just made book.
My buildings preload have to hire PT sups off the street and use PT sups double shifting. Also have a lot of FT sups and it is still a mess. Maybe there is a connection somewhere?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
A few weeks ago I was loading a trailer. The PT sup tells me to go from bay 31 to bay 30.

It was hot and my shirt was soaked front and back with sweat. I am dripping sweat down my face (hence my handle here).

Instead of going to bay 30 I walked toward the drinking fountain(about 150 away from the belt). The PT sup was chasing me and yelled "Where are you going".

I walked by all 3 FT sups on the way,who were talking to each other and told them I need some water. They saw that I was soaked in sweat.

So I got my drink of water. On the way back they handed me a bottle of water they pulled out of a nearby cooler. They chastized the PT sup saying that I needed some water.

She apologized to me later about that.

The next night while I was walking in, 2 of FT sups met me and DOK'ed me. I answered all the questions right and they handed me a 1 quart UPS water bottle with a wide opening.

There is an ice machine in our hub, I fill it up with ice and add some water. It keeps the water cold for 90 minutes.

It works out good for me and management. I don't have take frequent walks to the water fountain. I don't have to leave my work area while my extendo gets jammed up while I'm gone. Just take a few swigs from the bottle and put it again'st my head to cool me down.
While they can't discipline u for leaving to go to the water fountain....Bring your own water or beverages....don't ever rely or expect ups to supply u with anything. You can buy a 1/2 gallon beverage jug cooler from Walmart or target for less than 5 bucks...fill it with ice and water and it will stay ice cold for your entire shift.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
downloadfile-27.jpeg

BrownChoice

I got severely dehydrated on route, made it back to building and sat down in dress room where theres a/c. When i got home my back, both legs, and arms started cramping. I also got confusion and lethargic. Bad bad day....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I got severely dehydrated on route, made it back to building and sat down in dress room where theres a/c. When i got home my back, both legs, and arms started cramping. I also got confusion and lethargic. Bad bad day....

So rather than seek medical care you came here instead?

Resident know-it-all.

BrownChoice

So rather than seek medical care you came here instead?

Resident know-it-all.

Hey, Mr. Know it All, obviously I am okay or how could i be on cafe? No i never believed I needed medical care, or I would have gotten it. What happened was i drank to much water and not enough sodium. Im a sweater and was depleted of electrolytes. Im better today. But i really did feel like sh$t

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Hey, Mr. Know it All, obviously I am okay or how could i be on cafe? No i never believed I needed medical care, or I would have gotten it. What happened was i drank to much water and not enough sodium. Im a sweater and was depleted of electrolytes. Im better today. But i really did feel like sh$t

Been there. I try to drink a quart of Gatorade for every 2 or 3 20oz. bottles of water I drink, it seems to have helped. Also, magnesium tablets in the evenings to ward off cramps.

Sent using a Potato