I’m a 22 year old 22.4 driver and I feel like quitting. Need advice

No. I'm talking about "what if Fligh Mgmt lost their pensions"....

Upping the Dividend for Annie Casey schmucks doesn't address how to deal with Flight Mgmt losing their pensions.
It's a big kick in the face to management. Just doing some slight rounding accounting that dividend increases about 1.5 billion dollars a year

And how much is the company saving by not contributing to Management's pension anymore?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Why is it almost all your posts sound like you have a chip on your shoulder lol?

I don’t know anyone who retired at 48 a millionaire just from this job alone.

And my house will be paid off in two years I haven’t had a car loan since 2012 and no other real debt to speak of, and I will retire at 55 from UPS unless I decide not to.

I won’t be a millionaire but I won’t be poor still young enough to do other things if I so choose.

I don’t own a Corvette or fly jets I do live with my means as to not allow UPS to control my life into my old age.
All you need is a Million bucks.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
It's a big kick in the face to management. Just doing some slight rounding accounting that dividend increases about 1.5 billion dollars a year

And how much is the company saving by not contributing to Management's pension anymore?
But you're overlooking the difficulty with replacing Flight-qualified mgmt personnel. You're being too general here. You said No one gets pensions anymore and I said Flight does and they always will...If Mgmt loses their pensions THEY will receive something equivalent

But you're overlooking the difficulty with replacing Flight-qualified mgmt personnel. You're being too general here. You said No one gets pensions anymore and I said Flight does and they always will...If Mgmt loses their pensions THEY will receive something equivalent
Management is going to lose their pensions and I guarantee you they will not receive what they have lost
I'm not trying to be a smart-ass about this or ignorant I'm the same this is going to be a windfall for the company or the shareholders

Dumbo

I think that drivers underestimate the importance of self care when not at work. Drink a :censored2: load of water (I bring a gallon a day) even in the winter. Drinking enough water will fix a lot of issues when it comes to both mental and physical fatigue. Make sure you sleep enough, eat whole foods (oats, eggs, avocado, cottage cheese, meat, nuts, fruit, etc). Make sure you eat enough. Many drivers do not and they survive off gas station or fast food. That type of diet literally causes widespread inflammation making all of your joints and muscles hurt more. Don't drink alcohol during the week. Exercise on your day off. I know it sounds crazy but this job creates muscle imbalances. You need to perform balanced resistance training at least once a week to correct them. I'm in my late 40s and been working 6 days a week for 2 years. Every Sunday I go jogging with my dog and one of my kids and lift weights. I feel great.

Do not underestimate how your life style choices can impact your job. This job will break your body down if you do not take care of it. But I also say that any office job will be worse for you in the long run. Sedentary is much worse than being active for longevity. Good luck.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Very few people retire at 50. Most past 62....more like 65. Most.

I bought my house 5 years ago at $275k. I got offered $500k sight unseen. It's everywhere.

Why don't you ask the geniuses on BC? They all retired millionaires at 48.....or so it seems.

BTW, lot's of contractors around here drive those $100k big pickups....big tires...real shiny.

I wonder how they like the gas prices? Here, there are new housing developments going up all over. By the thousands(homes)....

most starting in the $350k range. Mine came with a pool and 30x50 shop on an acre for $275 5 years ago. These new homes are

zero lot lines. And are considered starter homes here.
I could've pulled it off. I'm not into vehicles (or any kind of debt for that matter) and refuse to pay these asinine housing prices.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I could've pulled it off. I'm not into vehicles (or any kind of debt for that matter) and refuse to pay these asinine housing prices.
You do a lot of whining about what you’re not going to do
You can make money with your hvac know how on the side just takes a little gumption and motivation

rickyb

yea i couldve gone 5x my income on a condo in vancouver back in the day and i wasnt feeling it, im sure the price had something to do with it

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
You do a lot of whining about what you’re not going to do
You can make money with your hvac know how on the side just takes a little gumption and motivation
What am I whining about? All I've said is that construction and renovation is flatlining because of material costs and housing prices stifle any possibility of relocation. And your suggestion is to do more of what I don't want to do? For what? It makes no sense. And do you know how much special equipment is required to do HVAC service and what it costs? I'm supposed to buy all that and my own van to carry it all just for side work? Lol.

quad decade guy

Why is it almost all your posts sound like you have a chip on your shoulder lol?

I don’t know anyone who retired at 48 a millionaire just from this job alone.

And my house will be paid off in two years I haven’t had a car loan since 2012 and no other real debt to speak of, and I will retire at 55 from UPS unless I decide not to.

I won’t be a millionaire but I won’t be poor still young enough to do other things if I so choose.

I don’t own a Corvette or fly jets I do live with my means as to not allow UPS to control my life into my old age.
Why is it all your posts are hateful and negative towards me?

All your finances sound great. They are a lot like mine..... BTW, I don't fly jets. I have a propeller general aviation airplane.

BTW, I live quite comfortably and apparently a lot better within my means too.

But then, you don't know me. BTW, flew yesterday......glorious cool, clear day.....wind: 4 knots. Right down the runway. lol.

nWo

You went full time to quickly. Should have stayed pt for 5-10 years so you could go to school and explore other career opportunities.

Hard to do much of anything when you work 60 hours a week year round. Now of you quit they might not let you come back.