I A M penison out of money

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
And after this sell out contract what can we offer someone else?

All the freight drivers, FedEx drivers, Amazon drivers, retail store drivers, Uber drivers, Lyft drivers.....

Would give their first born to have what we have, even with this last contract givebacks.

Not to even mention all the non-union carpenters, plumbers, roofers, grocers, butchers.....

All the freight drivers, FedEx drivers, Amazon drivers, retail store drivers, Uber drivers, Lyft drivers.....

Would give their first born to have what we have, even with this last contract givebacks.

Not to even mention all the non-union carpenters, plumbers, roofers, grocers, butchers.....
Get FedEx ground and I'll believe

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We need to get rid of Hoffa

I'm as concerned about who might replace him. We can't let those things, things we can't control, be the reason we aren't trying to strengthen the union at the local level. We could have some ability to mitigate some negatives in the master at the local level, if our local is strong and growing.

PT Car Washer

FedEx ground are independent contractors. Almost impossible to get.

And, I not saying that we can get anybody, I'm just saying that the Union still has a lot to offer compared to what some of these jobs are paying and their lack of benefits.
Cooperate America knows this and is why they keep pushing their anti Union agenda.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
FedEx ground are independent contractors. Almost impossible to get.

And, I not saying that we can get anybody, I'm just saying that the Union still has a lot to offer compared to what some of these jobs are paying and their lack of benefits.

There's a guy on my route who I'm on pretty friendly terms with. He's been working for the same company for over a decade, and he's frustrated about not being able to afford to buy a house in the area, and concerned about rent going up. I think pushing the idea about how bills keep going up but wages are staying the same might help attract new interest in the union. Something like "Bills growing faster than your paycheck? We can help with that."

Or

"No benefits? We can help with that."

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
785FE582-296B-4544-9F25-A867EC2E353C.gif

SmithBarney

It is trust me.

Go get that junk they sell at walmart, then go a gallon from another store. It's not the same.
I'm not a "big" milk drinker, then tell me they taste the same. While your at it, prove they are all the same.
even the store brand vs outside brand at food lion(or other stores) tastes vary.

Next you'll tell me 87 octane and 92 octane are the same gas...

SmithBarney

Unfortunately, the way the pension and SS are run, other people have to keep working for us to get paid what we earned.

Socialized Security is exactly other people working for you to earn it.(you worked to pay your parents SS) exactly how it was designed, unfortunately too many people who didn't pay in, are getting pay outs, and too many people now don't work legally and don't pay in.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Socialized Security is exactly other people working for you to earn it.(you worked to pay your parents SS) exactly how it was designed, unfortunately too many people who didn't pay in, are getting pay outs, and too many people now don't work legally and don't pay in.

It's also too bad that population didn't continue to grow at the same rate it was when the system was designed, and that life expectancy increased. All sorts of problems facing social security.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Go get that junk they sell at walmart, then go a gallon from another store. It's not the same.
I'm not a "big" milk drinker, then tell me they taste the same. While your at it, prove they are all the same.
even the store brand vs outside brand at food lion(or other stores) tastes vary.

Next you'll tell me 87 octane and 92 octane are the same gas...
It is all the same milk.
There are like 3 big Dairy companies that package 90% of the milk in America.
It is all the same.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Who's hiring these illegals and not deducting their SS?

rod

Retired 22 years
Nice try,
My store brand comes from 20miles away, There are no less than 20 major dairy farms in my state alone, and they are not conglomerates.

Find the source of your milk - Where Is My Milk From?
I had 2 different gallon cartons. One was from Aldi and the other Walmart. Both came from the same dairy. (Kemps in Mpls) Aldi was like $1.69 and Walmart was $2.39. Aldi rules!. Same gallon at another big box grocery chain in Mn. is $3.29.