I A M penison out of money

barnyard

KTM rider
Well. Looky here, another business that is probably not going to make their pension obligations. The rules need to change to allow businesses to deposit way more dough into 401k plans for employees.

Foamer Pyle

You act like 60k/year is a lot of money and it's really not. Most drivers are making 100k+.
60k/ year is a lot of money, if it’s not sustainable. What good is that, if your pension is going belly-up? Also, I’m don’t like UPS enough to work the hours needed to make $100k. My time away from work is worth more to me than an extra $15k.

SmithBarney

I had 2 different gallon cartons. One was from Aldi and the other Walmart. Both came from the same dairy. (Kemps in Mpls) Aldi was like $1.69 and Walmart was $2.39. Aldi rules!. Same gallon at another big box grocery chain in Mn. is $3.29.

You don't understand the difference between a farm and a company.

All those dairy farms sell their make to the same place.

Nice try thanks for playing

Makes sense both you being from MN, land of milk and honey..and lakes...

Either way, my comment was taste, taste from different vendors varies, yours may all come from the same place, mine doesn't come from the same place thus is tastes different, just happens my Food Lion $1.25 milk tastes better than the rest(not due to cost)

I spent more time of this stupid topic than I drink milk.. now go shop at that anti union Walmart and German Aldi Stores... ;)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The union is looking into consolidating the funded plans with the failing ones. Its only fair. Some funds planned on $60k or more a year in pension. Any Brother wouldn't want another brother who is expecting $5000 a month at 55 years old with 30 years service to take a reduction. We should all work a little longer, take a reduction and make sure these brothers drink craft brew thru their 35-40 years of retirement. I was only expecting/hoping for $2500 a month with 30 years at age 64 in my plan, so I can work a few years longer or take a little less to spread the wealth and make sure they get what they deserve! Perhaps we should strike nationwide next time around to DEMAND UPS puts 15-20 billion into our multi employer plans. Its only fair. The stingy bastards are only contributing $580 a week per FT employee at my local for pension benefits. Add that to my wages for 55hr weeks and H&W benefit contributions and I barely scratch $165K a year.
Sorry, but sucks to be you if you pension is messed up. Stay out of mine.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

Either way, my comment was taste, taste from different vendors varies, yours may all come from the same place, mine doesn't come from the same place thus is tastes different, just happens my Food Lion $1.25 milk tastes better than the rest(not due to cost)

I spent more time of this stupid topic than I drink milk.. now go shop at that anti union Walmart and German Aldi Stores... ;)

You are still wrong.

Unions are the root of all evil.

Mack37

I’ll get 1% of my high three year base pay for every year I work, 1.1% if I stay past 62. My pension will definitely not be anything to write home about but I look at it as more of a bonus and count on my 401k more. That’s the plan anyways.

I figure if the Federal Government can’t meet its pension obligations then I’ll probably have bigger problems if that time comes.

rod

Retired 22 years

pk

rod

Retired 22 years

Where does the code on your milk say its made? See post #219 in this thread

brett636

Interesting discussion on this topic. Just goes to show that while a 401k is not a pension plan if you save enough in it your pension becomes a bonus rather than a necessary part of your retirement plan. My pension pays out about $50k a year with 35 years of service and a retirement account of $1.25 million can pay that forever assuming a 4% withdrawal rate. Bottom line is don’t rely on your pension to carry you through your old age. Save, save, save for your future instead.

Interesting discussion on this topic. Just goes to show that while a 401k is not a pension plan if you save enough in it your pension becomes a bonus rather than a necessary part of your retirement plan. My pension pays out about $50k a year with 35 years of service and a retirement account of $1.25 million can pay that forever assuming a 4% withdrawal rate. Bottom line is don’t rely on your pension to carry you through your old age. Save, save, save for your future instead.
There crazy talk. Everyone has to buy a new 50k vehicle every two years.....