I found out I'm pregnant what benefits am i entitled to?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You may not even be eligible for FMLA, yet. PT employees must have 3 years of service and worked 625 hours in the past year, read the contract and talk to your Business Agent. (If you worked 1,250 hours you are considered full time with respect to that law and eligible for 12 weeks-regardless of your 'part time' status)
Does that vary by state?

oldngray

nowhere special
bacon-ice-cream.jpg

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Does that vary by state?
FMLA is federal law. Part timers only get FMLA under the Teamster negotiated contract, or if they worked enough hours to be covered by the law.

It's possible some states have similar laws, to cover part time workers in general.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
FMLA is federal law. Part timers only get FMLA under the Teamster negotiated contract, or if they worked enough hours to be covered by the law.

It's possible some states have similar laws, to cover part time workers in general.
Because PT non UPS workers can qualify for FMLA after a year of employment in my state...providing they also meet other eligibility criteria.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Because PT non UPS workers can qualify for FMLA after a year of employment in my state...providing they also meet other eligibility criteria.
I don't know about NY; however if a PT works 1,250 hours in their first year, they are considered FT with respect to the federal law. Doesn't matter that UPS classifies them as 'part time'.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I think it varies greatly by state. When my wife gave birth to twins I took 12 weeks but was paid by the state for 4 weeks. I HAD to use all my vacation and personal and sick time as well which was two weeks worth, also a state law. They paid the difference to make it six weeks. If your married you and your spouse can only take 12 weeks combined but my wife was able to get disability due to high risk pregnancy so I got full 12. Anyway prepare to get your balls busted by management when you get back because they were waiting for me!!! Congrats and good luck!

9.5er

You are entitled to swollen feet, a hurting back, weight gain, enlarged breast..... the list goes on and on.

bbsam

Staff member
I work as a pt repackaging clerk and customer service.

I need to find out what I'm entitled being pregnant like as far as how much time I can get off without losing benefits n such?
If this is your first, you are entitled to a joy the likes of which you can't begin to imagine. If this is not your first, consider the new baby an exponential multiplier of that joy.

clean hairy

Years ago before FMLA there was Maternity Leave.
I would guess that still might be the case?
My Wife due to high risk, had to stay in bed the final 6 weeks of her pregnancy.
After delivery, she had to be off another 8 weeks due to health issues.
Anyone know if Maternity leave still exists?