I just found some UPS shirts for sale

Babagounj

Strength through joy
old news , local 25 .
Since the company was not going to pay drivers to change into company clothes , the union demanded & that policy is still in use today, that drivers wear their uniforms home .
It is not uncommon to see people wearing company uniforms on the street all year long .

959Nanook

old news , local 25 .
Since the company was not going to pay drivers to change into company clothes , the union demanded & that policy is still in use today, that drivers wear their uniforms home .
It is not uncommon to see people wearing company uniforms on the street all year long .

I am curious but your post seems to imply that some Drivers are not allowed to wear uniforms home?

My question may sound naive; however, I work in an Extended Center at the end of the line and we do all sorts of things different. Sometimes, I almost start to think that I work for a different Company that the members of Brown Café because of some of the discussions that just don't apply on my little corner of UPS.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I am curious but your post seems to imply that some Drivers are not allowed to wear uniforms home?

My question may sound naive; however, I work in an Extended Center at the end of the line and we do all sorts of things different. Sometimes, I almost start to think that I work for a different Company that the members of Brown Café because of some of the discussions that just don't apply on my little corner of UPS.
Wait, there are 2 BOG's??

oldngray

nowhere special

In the past drivers were not allowed to wear uniform home (except shirt). They would have to change pants in locker room before leaving the building. That changed though of course.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In the past drivers were not allowed to wear uniform home (except shirt). They would have to change pants in locker room before leaving the building. That changed though of course.

To add to this, we were discouraged from making more than a quick stop (convenience store?) on the way home.

rod

Retired 22 years
To add to this, we were discouraged from making more than a quick stop (convenience store?) on the way home.

Not where I was. The nearest bar was full of brown shirts for an hour or so after work just about every day (especially Thursdays and Fridays). Fridays the wives joined us and it usually lasted until late and then some continued on at others houses or went to Perkins.

jaker

trolling
Not where I was. The nearest bar was full of brown shirts for an hour or so after work just about every day (especially Thursdays and Fridays). Fridays the wives joined us and it usually lasted until late and then some continued on at others houses or went to Perkins.
You hang out with people you work with , I don't know any driver outside of work but then again I don't want to

rod

Retired 22 years
When I cleaned my locker out after 30 years it was like opening a time capsule. There were years worth of safe driving pins and founders day crap buried in it. When I first started the locker they gave me still had one of the old plastic bow ties they made the drivers wear in it. I should have kept it.

rod

Retired 22 years
You hang out with people you work with , I don't know any driver outside of work but then again I don't want to

I worked in a small center (25 -30 drivers) . We were a TIGHT group. We helped each other on weekends and attended others parties. We were also tight when it came to sticking together when Union things came up. Its not that way now. Its very seldom a driver will stop for a brew after work. Its been about 6 months since I ran into one but then again a lot of times I have been to town, had a few beers and I'm at home by the time those guys are getting off work.

Packmule

We just recently got told we are not to be seen in a bar with uniforms on or it will be serious consequences. I'm not much of a bar guy anyway, but I did ask if I could go to the bar with my shirt on if my logo patch finally fell off.
They weren't amused.

oldngray

nowhere special
We just recently got told we are not to be seen in a bar with uniforms on or it will be serious consequences. I'm not much of a bar guy anyway, but I did ask if I could go to the bar with my shirt on if my logo patch finally fell off.
They weren't amused.

Some of the old shirts didn't have the logo.