I just found some UPS shirts for sale

Cementups

Box Monkey
You hang out with people you work with , I don't know any driver outside of work but then again I don't want to

A lot of the people I hang out with outside of work are other drivers. I golf with other drivers, I eat with other drivers and I play poker with other drivers. I have other friends too but it's just how it is.

barnyard

KTM rider
I am also in an extended center and a couple of times a year, we are reminded not to wear full browns when off duty. We are also reminded when big wigs might be visiting to change in the locker room.

I commute via motorcycle when it is nice and wear riding gear over my browns and change at home.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
When I first started, we were required to change into our uniforms prior to starting work, and change back out of them prior to leaving.

Our contract stated that this would happen off of the clock, but it also stated that any employee who was required to change in and out of a uniform at work would be issued a locker. What happened was, we ran out of lockers so the rule became unenforceable and now most people wear their uniforms to and from work.

The other issue that came up was that, when shorts first became a uniform item in the early 90's, we had to buy them. Once a few guys bought them, they decided that they should be able to wear them to and from work since they were now personal property and the company had no right to dictate when and where we could wear them.

JL 0513

What a PITA that would be to get dressed in street clothes in the morning only to change into a uniform 30 minutes later at work.

I stop at a store almost everyday on the way home in my full browns. Who cares. I'm not going to go home and change to go back out for that gallon of milk.

We don't even have lockers in my center.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
old news , local 25 .
Since the company was not going to pay drivers to change into company clothes , the union demanded & that policy is still in use today, that drivers wear their uniforms home .
It is not uncommon to see people wearing company uniforms on the street all year long .

That is NOT why we are allowed to wear uniforms home.

It was simply a matter of UPS NOT being able to provide enough locker room space or lockers for both male and female drivers.

As the service providers grew in numbers, UPS was unable to retrofit its facilities to accomodate all drivers. Mens locker rooms were all that were built in most buildings, and when women started to drive, they didnt have anyplace to put a womens locker room other than squeezing them into the bathrooms.

Today, there are probably 10 drivers for every ONE locker in a building.

Because of this, the company relaxed its policies and allowed the uniforms to be worn out of the building at end of shift.

TOS.

upsman68

We visit our local watering hole in full uniforms. No one had said anything to us. Actually during peak season people see us and buy us a drink for working so hard.

Sent using BrownCafe App

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have never been in the locker room, and I will never use a locker. Unless we have a shower I am not putting clean clothes on over a dirty body. Aint happening.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have never been in the locker room, and I will never use a locker. Unless we have a shower I am not putting clean clothes on over a dirty body. Aint happening.
I only change my sweat soaked shirt before i leave work...otherwise it gets on the back of the drivers seat in my car..eww

Z

ZQXC

I only change my sweat soaked shirt before i leave work...otherwise it gets on the back of the drivers seat in my car..eww

.....But please don't continue to do that in the parking lot. Some old fart crashed his bicycle into the street sign. Doc said the stitches can come out on Friday.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
We visit our local watering hole in full uniforms. No one had said anything to us. Actually during peak season people see us and buy us a drink for working so hard.
You must work in a big city with public transportation. Where I live and work, the only transportation is my personal vehicle. I can't go hang out at a bar and drink because I have to drive myself home afterwards.