i love boxes.

laffter

Back in the day when I worked preload, I also had a second job at Wal-Mart. So I'd work UPS 4-9am, then Wal-Mart from 3pm-12am. During peak, it was Wal-Mart 3pm-11:55pm, then UPS 12:05am-9am.

I would sleep in the time between jobs. My gal at the time came over one day, tried to snuggle up with me while I was sleeping in bed, and I had this crazy dream that I had this Oversized, overweight Irreg. that just WOULDN'T get the hell out of the feeder.

So I'm pushing it, kicking it, shoving it, and FINALLY it got out of the truck!

Turned out I ended up kicking the crap out of my girlfriend and shoving her out of the bed onto the floor. Whoops!

Or so that's the story you gave the police.

Clever man.

sigreq

That does make me happy.

I do feel bad for the hard working part-timers who show up for work every day doing the best job they can, hoping for the opportunity to go full-time. They don' t walk in the door telling everyone what they are entitled to and talk about how awesome they think they are.

If you are for real I feel sorry for you, it is going to be a tough road for you kid, whether it is at UPS or something else.

You don't feel sorry for anybody but your sorry little pathetic self. I don't care if I go full time or not. I feel sorry for the part timers here who are not going to school and most likely are going to stuck here at UPS for the rest of their life while lazy, arrogant, overpaid UNION thugs like you will be rubbing their payrates into their faces. Anyway, I figured that I'll make more money at UPS than any other job that I can currently get. I know that I'm going to get about 6 hours a day when peak comes plus I'll be making 10.75 while sucking their benefits dry. I'm using my head, that's why I'm still here at UPS. I don't want more than 6 hours, because I'll be going to college full time, see you loser.

Yeah go accumulate a ton of debt while we sit back and make more money than you will after you get that fancy degree... Good call

Re-Raise

I'll use my fancy degree to make people like you work for me, then I sit back and watch ya kill ya self for some little money that's loose change to me.

Still my hero.. You ll be happy to know I made more in the stock market this week than you will make working for UPS the rest of the year. Keep up the good fight there skippy, I will be rooting for you.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You are the maroon. Go learn to read you dumb dumb. I never said I currently have bennies. If you had common sense, you'd know that my context was referring to "by then".
Yes Cosmo, stop being such a dumb dumb lol. You said you were hired in April, therefore you will not have benefits by peak, so I'm not sure what you think you'll be "sucking dry".

Scratchy

Still my hero.. You ll be happy to know I made more in the stock market this week than you will make working for UPS the rest of the year. Keep up the good fight there skippy, I will be rooting for you.

Re-Raise - You have a 4-year degree and drive? Or are you a manager?

chevyguy

I'll use my fancy degree to make people like you work for me, then I sit back and watch ya kill ya self for some little money that's loose change to me.

That's what I thought when I got mine, and after working for free in the corporate world as an intern for "experience" I sent out my resume and cover letter to every damn position I felt I was qualified for and got nothing back but crickets chirping. Not only that, but then I was "over qualified" to work at Target. Then I realized college was a big mistake and trying to get your foot in the door of a big corporation with a union and benefits was where it was at, even if you're doing more than paid for initially. College has some benefits (like if you go to an elite college and/or can network in a prestigious fraternity with some slick-haired d-bags). But for me, just going to run of the mill state school for a bachelors degree was a royal waste of my time and money. Now I'm twenty-five still living at home. I have a small gutter cleaning business and just started at UPS. I don't spend a friggen cent I don't have to and my life is super boring. Not complaining, just wish I used this time to develop a valuable skill, instead of spending 4 years trying to spoon sorority girls.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
That's what I thought when I got mine, and after working for free in the corporate world as an intern for "experience" I sent out my resume and cover letter to every damn position I felt I was qualified for and got nothing back but crickets chirping. Not only that, but then I was "over qualified" to work at Target. Then I realized college was a big mistake and trying to get your foot in the door of a big corporation with a union and benefits was where it was at, even if you're doing more than paid for initially. College has some benefits (like if you go to an elite college and/or can network in a prestigious fraternity with some slick-haired d-bags). But for me, just going to run of the mill state school for a bachelors degree was a royal waste of my time and money. Now I'm twenty-five still living at home. I have a small gutter cleaning business and just started at UPS. I don't spend a friggen cent I don't have to and my life is super boring. Not complaining, just wish I used this time to develop a valuable skill, instead of spending 4 years trying to spoon sorority girls.

Agree. You sound like a mature adult which most of the users on here are lacking. Good post.

Re-Raise

Re-Raise - You have a 4-year degree and drive? Or are you a manager?

I am a driver. I started working at UPS part-time while in school back in 86. We have a family farm that I was able to work on until I went full-time. Then we sold all the machinery and my father retired.

We live in the midwest where the cost of living is pretty low. My wife has always had a good job and together we have lived pretty comfortably.

The thing that drives me nuts about this "you ain't even know it" kid is his sense of entitlement. I hope I have raised my kids better. The world owes you nothing, you have to work to get to where you want to be.

chevyguy

If you want to feel sorry for me, do it because I just got knocked out of the WSOP Main event in Las Vegas late in day2 yesterday.

I came to the conclusion that poker is an impossible game to master and probably will never play again. Just out of curiosity, did you satellite in somehow or foot 10 grand?

Re-Raise

I came to the conclusion that poker is an impossible game to master and probably will never play again. Just out of curiosity, did you satellite in somehow or foot 10 grand?

Satellite with a group of 20 friends back home. I have cashed in some 1.5 k tournaments, but this is my first 10k. Or should I say it WAS my first 10k. Made it to late day 2 and lost an all-in preflop with A K against 10 10.

The biggest thing in poker is that most people know how to play, they just have different styles of play that you need to identify and take advantage of. the toughest thing about large field tournament poker like the Main is that they move you to different tables so often as the field shrinks that it is hard to know what you are dealing with, so luck becomes a much greater factor.

At least that is what I tell myself after I lose..

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I am a driver. I started working at UPS part-time while in school back in 86. We have a family farm that I was able to work on until I went full-time. Then we sold all the machinery and my father retired.

We live in the midwest where the cost of living is pretty low. My wife has always had a good job and together we have lived pretty comfortably.

The thing that drives me nuts about this "you ain't even know it" kid is his sense of entitlement. I hope I have raised my kids better. The world owes you nothing, you have to work to get to where you want to be.

Read all of my posts, I never said anybody owed me anything. Where did you pull that crap out of? What drives me nuts about people like you is their arrogance and greed.

UPS Preloader

Am I some superhero or what? I could work a heavy 5 hour shift and my body feels fine. I just came from work, and I still have a lot of strengths to work another shift. Oh well, time to take a shower and force myself to go to sleep to keep up with my sleep rotation so my body can adjust to this time and feel sleepy right after 2 am. Plus it takes 2 hours to get to work and 2 and a half hours to come back, plus I don't sleep in the train. This is why I know that being a driver would be nothing to me. Thanks Jah for making my body strong.

Is it just me, or is this Kapamassacre? Kappa lived in NY, Kappa had no car, Kappa had a 2 hour train ride, and Kappa referred to him self as a superhero. He also seemed to have an issue with "blacks" (Sorry, Kappa words, not mine.) and just the other day he was asking Bleedingbrown58 is she was black. Is it just me or are there way to many coincidences?

Re-Raise

Read all of my posts, I never said anybody owed me anything. Where did you pull that crap out of? What drives me nuts about people like you is their arrogance and greed.

It seems to me I have wasted too much time reading your posts already, why would I want to read them again? When I see your name on a post I know it will be about how someone else at your work is wronging you in some way. Just try to do your job.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

No disagreement, but the overwhelming majority of PTers being hired into UPS today are looking at working PT at least 10 years at subpar wages (in an economy in which a gallon of gas has been averaging $3.50-$4.00), likely contributing to their health insurance premiums next contract, before they're eligible for FT. When they do go FT, the progression will be at least 5 years -- and probably longer.

UPS is a great opportunity, but don't presume that those being hired today had the same opportunity as those of yesterday.

chevyguy

UPS is a great opportunity, but don't presume that those being hired today had the same opportunity as those of yesterday.

I have the same thoughts. I feel like i missed the golden age for "working your way up" in UPS by about 20 years. I sometimes feel like what they sold me at orientation was just a turd wrapped up in fancy packaging. The only thing that separates me from most my fellow PT colleagues is the fact that I've already got a degree, which probably makes me more of a sucker because at least they are getting tuition $$$. Overall though I like physical work more than office work, and I feel like I'd be selling out if I ever took an office job either at UPS or elsewhere. I just hope that the law of increasing returns will come into effect and my hard work will start to pay dividends down the road. Because right now it's borderline exploitation. BTW, it is impossible to follow the 8 keys to lifting and lowering while unloading a feeder at 1200 PPH. Somewhere you need to cut corners.

Returntosender

I have the same thoughts. I feel like i missed the golden age for "working your way up" in UPS by about 20 years. I sometimes feel like what they sold me at orientation was just a turd wrapped up in fancy packaging. The only thing that separates me from most my fellow PT colleagues is the fact that I've already got a degree, which probably makes me more of a sucker because at least they are getting tuition $$$. Overall though I like physical work more than office work, and I feel like I'd be selling out if I ever took an office job either at UPS or elsewhere. I just hope that the law of increasing returns will come into effect and my hard work will start to pay dividends down the road. Because right now it's borderline exploitation. BTW, it is impossible to follow the 8 keys to lifting and lowering while unloading a feeder at 1200 PPH. Somewhere you need to cut corners.
Part timers at UPS and only UPS. The law of diminishing returns is what happen to you.

Re-Raise

No disagreement, but the overwhelming majority of PTers being hired into UPS today are looking at working PT at least 10 years at subpar wages (in an economy in which a gallon of gas has been averaging $3.50-$4.00), likely contributing to their health insurance premiums next contract, before they're eligible for FT. When they do go FT, the progression will be at least 5 years -- and probably longer.

I agree with every word of your post. The company is doing everything it can to put fewer drivers on the road and just work those drivers more hours. I worked part-time for 7 years before I got full-time seniority. I was lucky enough to have supplemental income during those years.

I wish we could spread the full-time work out and get some of you guys on the road, I really do.