i love boxes.

Box Ox

I love many things, but boxes isn't any of them. Somebody needs to find a life.

My interpretation of what Chevyguy means based on my own experience is that it's nice not having to deal with things like office politics or water cooler small talk. I appreciated it when I started at UPS. Although the novelty did wear off once my sups started having me load the heaviest routes of vacationing PTers and unload the trailers on my own when they decided I was pretty good at both.

P

pickup

Am I some superhero or what? I could work a heavy 5 hour shift and my body feels fine. I just came from work, and I still have a lot of strengths to work another shift. Oh well, time to take a shower and force myself to go to sleep to keep up with my sleep rotation so my body can adjust to this time and feel sleepy right after 2 am. Plus it takes 2 hours to get to work and 2 and a half hours to come back, plus I don't sleep in the train. This is why I know that being a driver would be nothing to me. Thanks Jah for making my body strong.

Sayeth the man who doesn't even have a driver's license. LOL!

didyousheetit

Am I some superhero or what? I could work a heavy 5 hour shift and my body feels fine. I just came from work, and I still have a lot of strengths to work another shift. Oh well, time to take a shower and force myself to go to sleep to keep up with my sleep rotation so my body can adjust to this time and feel sleepy right after 2 am. Plus it takes 2 hours to get to work and 2 and a half hours to come back, plus I don't sleep in the train. This is why I know that being a driver would be nothing to me. Thanks Jah for making my body strong.
Did your parents have any kids that lived?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'll use my fancy degree to make people like you work for me, then I sit back and watch ya kill ya self for some little money that's loose change to me.
Our Sups all have degrees, all say they wish they could go back driving when no ones looking. I wish you the best of luck in wherever life takes you, but you might wanna lose the attitude if you plan on managing people.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
That does make me happy.

I do feel bad for the hard working part-timers who show up for work every day doing the best job they can, hoping for the opportunity to go full-time. They don' t walk in the door telling everyone what they are entitled to and talk about how awesome they think they are.

If you are for real I feel sorry for you, it is going to be a tough road for you kid, whether it is at UPS or something else.

You don't feel sorry for anybody but your sorry little pathetic self. I don't care if I go full time or not. I feel sorry for the part timers here who are not going to school and most likely are going to stuck here at UPS for the rest of their life while lazy, arrogant, overpaid UNION thugs like you will be rubbing their payrates into their faces. Anyway, I figured that I'll make more money at UPS than any other job that I can currently get. I know that I'm going to get about 6 hours a day when peak comes plus I'll be making 10.75 while sucking their benefits dry. I'm using my head, that's why I'm still here at UPS. I don't want more than 6 hours, because I'll be going to college full time, see you loser.

Young fella, perhaps you haven't been paying attention. You've been been raised into a society where you've been taught to believe you are special.
That, your "uniqueness", was enough and that college would pave your path to the "American Dream".

Try as you may, you'll not trick most of us into believing you're some academic scholar using United Parcel Service as a stepping stone to supreme success.

In fact, you'd be lucky to convince us that you're actually a DeVry online student.

I find it ironic that, you lash out against senior employees (we EARNED our seniority, keep that in mind) insinuating we're somehow in the mindset that we are better than you.

You constantly remind us that you're a student. You (feebly) TRY to put yourself on OUR level with your community college experience.

You make (try to) make others believe you are somehow superior with your...education?

How does that make you different from us?

U

uber

Some of you guys need some kleenex. Unload for a couple hours and you're acting like its crippling. When I was part time I used to double shift at least 3 times a week. That's 8 hours of unloading.

The video game generation, man I tell ya.

chevyguy

Some of you guys need some kleenex. Unload for a couple hours and you're acting like its crippling. When I was part time I used to double shift at least 3 times a week. That's 8 hours of unloading.

The video game generation, man I tell ya.

from what i can pick up on (at least at my hub) those opportunities really aren't there. they've got us staffed with PTs to the point where a lot of us are doubling up on trucks and banging ish out as quickly as possible, so most shifts dont last over 3.5 hours and noone makes any money. it may be a lack of volume thing, but i wish i could pick up more hours.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
from what i can pick up on (at least at my hub) those opportunities really aren't there. they've got us staffed with PTs to the point where a lot of us are doubling up on trucks and banging ish out as quickly as possible, so most shifts dont last over 3.5 hours and noone makes any money. it may be a lack of volume thing, but i wish i could pick up more hours.
must be a lack of volume at your hub. We're busy as hell at mine...i average 6.5 hrs a day preload.

mixyo

Dispatcher
I average around 4.5 hrs/day. Our hub is wicked busy and often understaffed with preloaders, requiring people to stay longer and help out others.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
That's damn near full-time.... I wish I could just get over 5 for a few minutes every day....

The thing to do to add some minutes on your time is to do these before punching out: change clothes in the locker room slowly, use the bathroom, wash your hands, go in the break room and act like you left your water bottle up there, go to the water fountain, then punch out. I add 20 minutes to my time everyday by doing these.