I think I hate the Teamsters

smapple

So after months of not being able to get an actual figure and basically being given the runaround as to what my pay will be after the contract goes into effect despite contacting union rep and my local multiple times and asking around other full time hourlies, the end calculation was exactly what I thought it was going to be.

Was making $13.50, now making $13.70.

Don't mind me, just venting/complaining a bit on a forum.

btw Tony Q I think you were wrong.

InsideUPS

So after months of not being able to get an actual figure and basically being given the runaround as to what my pay will be after the contract goes into effect despite contacting union rep and my local multiple times and asking around other full time hourlies, the end calculation was exactly what I thought it was going to be.

Completely understand your frustration and disappointment.

Basically the 2018-2023 Teamster/UPS contract is subsidizing the new higher starting PT wage with what should have also been an increase for the existing part-timers that started back at $10.50/hour within the last contract period. Teamster negotiators were certainly not looking out for this group of existing part time employees.

As in most all past contracts.....there is really no "net gain" as a whole for UPS Teamsters in contract negotiations. An increase on the Excel spreadsheet in one column .....results in a decrease somewhere else.

In summary..... "robbing Peter to pay Paul"...if you know what I mean.

Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 7.11.02 AM.png

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Guess more people who could have voted (existing part timers) should have voted no to giving part timers (not hired yet and unable to vote) a raise while they (current part timers) got the shaft.

You got 4 years to rally the troops and get involved.

InsideUPS

You are lucky to have a job.

UPS is lucky to have so many hard working dedicated employees also....

It's a two way street....and when you pay Union dues.....you trust that your Union representation will look out after your interests....especially as an active and dedicated employee for a number of years..

mikejonesjr

Btw I also got a whopping 20 cent raise. $13.50 to $13.70. Wasn't the 70 cent raise supposed to be based off our current pay no matter what?

When the minimum wage goes up, everyone doesn’t get a raise. Why didn’t the op get a .70 raise? The only decrease I saw was .05 in legal services contributions. Other than that, got nearly $10 an hour more over the life of the contract.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Btw I also got a whopping 20 cent raise. $13.50 to $13.70. Wasn't the 70 cent raise supposed to be based off our current pay no matter what?

Unless you got .50 during the extension that you would not have received had everything been done on time.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy

Look on the bright side. Come AUG 1 you will be at 14.45 and new hire will be 14.00.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Guess more people who could have voted (existing part timers) should have voted no to giving part timers (not hired yet and unable to vote) a raise while they (current part timers) got the shaft.

You got 4 years to rally the troops and get involved.
:censored2: off, we voted no. Noone wanted this. Its not our fault a lot of p'timers use the revolving door when getting harrassed daily with little to no pay.

Jim Rockford

DUDE! Its a hard road..but what we gotta do is convince all the part timers that arent gonna be here in a year..to band/stand together and VOTE...for a contract 5 years from now! Then ..after that..go round up all animals...male and female...fish and fowl...and build a boat 300 cubits by 50 cubits. It can be done!