I think I hate the Teamsters

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by smapple, May 9, 2019.

1. smapple

smapple Member

So after months of not being able to get an actual figure and basically being given the runaround as to what my pay will be after the contract goes into effect despite contacting union rep and my local multiple times and asking around other full time hourlies, the end calculation was exactly what I thought it was going to be.

Was making $13.50, now making $13.70.

Don't mind me, just venting/complaining a bit on a forum.

btw Tony Q I think you were wrong.

2. mikejonesjr

mikejonesjr Active Member

Ask someone about that

3. InsideUPS

InsideUPS Active Member

Completely understand your frustration and disappointment.

Basically the 2018-2023 Teamster/UPS contract is subsidizing the new higher starting PT wage with what should have also been an increase for the existing part-timers that started back at $10.50/hour within the last contract period. Teamster negotiators were certainly not looking out for this group of existing part time employees.

As in most all past contracts.....there is really no "net gain" as a whole for UPS Teamsters in contract negotiations. An increase on the Excel spreadsheet in one column .....results in a decrease somewhere else.

In summary..... "robbing Peter to pay Paul"...if you know what I mean.

Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 7.11.02 AM.png

4. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

I hope Big Union Guy....doesn't see this. Lol.

5. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Guess more people who could have voted (existing part timers) should have voted no to giving part timers (not hired yet and unable to vote) a raise while they (current part timers) got the shaft.

You got 4 years to rally the troops and get involved.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

You are lucky to have a job.

7. InsideUPS

InsideUPS Active Member

UPS is lucky to have so many hard working dedicated employees also....

It's a two way street....and when you pay Union dues.....you trust that your Union representation will look out after your interests....especially as an active and dedicated employee for a number of years..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

I agree. I'm just sarcastically mocking some of our union officials.

9. mikejonesjr

Btw I also got a whopping 20 cent raise. $13.50 to $13.70. Wasn't the 70 cent raise supposed to be based off our current pay no matter what?

10. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

When the minimum wage goes up, everyone doesn’t get a raise. Why didn’t the op get a .70 raise? The only decrease I saw was .05 in legal services contributions. Other than that, got nearly $10 an hour more over the life of the contract.

11. Pizza

Pizza BrownCafer of the Month

Unless you got .50 during the extension that you would not have received had everything been done on time.

12. Pizza

Pizza BrownCafer of the Month

Look on the bright side. Come AUG 1 you will be at 14.45 and new hire will be 14.00.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  13. mikejonesjr

that's what happened. Didn't know it worked that way.

14. mikejonesjr

That's what nearly 5 years at UPS will get me. Love our Union.

15. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

5 years at ups got you $14.45 an hour, health care, dental, vision, a pension. Plus maybe other things. Your union says “your welcome”.

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • List
  16. MarvelousMunata

MarvelousMunata The Scapegoat With Attitude

:censored2: off, we voted no. Noone wanted this. Its not our fault a lot of p'timers use the revolving door when getting harrassed daily with little to no pay.

17. MarvelousMunata

Hilarious when they sarcastically defend your ass, the next time ur in a jam

18. Jim Rockford

Jim Rockford Member

DUDE! Its a hard road..but what we gotta do is convince all the part timers that arent gonna be here in a year..to band/stand together and VOTE...for a contract 5 years from now! Then ..after that..go round up all animals...male and female...fish and fowl...and build a boat 300 cubits by 50 cubits. It can be done!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

It’s ok, I voted no as well. Channel your anger elsewhere son.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. MarvelousMunata

Usually do. Its the adrenaline left over from loading with the line on speed rev while a sup is hovering over you.