I think I hate the Teamsters

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Isn't that why we pay dues? I guess everyone else's level of involvement will never be enough to satisfy your sense of haughty self-righteousness.

Our local complains about “lack of involvement”. Then when we rally the troops and get everybody involved they turn their nose up and come up with some other excuse. So :censored2: em.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Uh oh- I hope you realize you are tangling with someone who pretends to be a big time "elected official". I wonder how many "elected officials" found a Mother's Day buffet today. Lol.

I think he has me on ignore. I'm almost certain he is a UPS labor manager. It explains both how he seems to know so much about panel and arbitration decisions, yet is so disdainful of union members.

Boston25

I'm not in the union I believe it was the union who screwed us all over with this contract I believe they could've had this contract ratified months ago but I believe at the end of the day the union is only looking out for themselves I know they're making some kind of money from somewhere a union steward at my hub made it pretty obvious that he's getting paid by the union no way does a part time employee make five grand a month only working 20 hours a week
If you're not in the union then you do not have a right to complain about anything.

They get more than the contract says. That’s justified. They must have also gotten more between 8/1 and 11/1.

We went from 11.35(skilled) to $13.50 from roughly 5/15/18 to 11/1/18. Explanation COLA.

$13.50 TO $16 11/1/18 to present. Explanation Competitive Wage Adjustment

No Raises until 2022

22.34life

So after months of not being able to get an actual figure and basically being given the runaround as to what my pay will be after the contract goes into effect despite contacting union rep and my local multiple times and asking around other full time hourlies, the end calculation was exactly what I thought it was going to be.

Was making $13.50, now making $13.70.

Don't mind me, just venting/complaining a bit on a forum.

btw Tony Q I think you were wrong.
I had a guy in my building with the same issue.he was making $13.50 now $13.70.that cant be correct,the gwi was .70 cents so both of u should be at $14.20.even if u subtract the dollar skilled pay the math doesn't ad up,maybe since the raise actually was a week early it will get corrected.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
So after months of not being able to get an actual figure and basically being given the runaround as to what my pay will be after the contract goes into effect despite contacting union rep and my local multiple times and asking around other full time hourlies, the end calculation was exactly what I thought it was going to be.

Was making $13.50, now making $13.70.

Don't mind me, just venting/complaining a bit on a forum.

btw Tony Q I think you were wrong.

So I'm guessing you got your last progression raise on Aug. 1, 2018? that took you to $13.50? The 20 cent is the makeup from then. The good news is you get the contractual raise on Aug. 1, 2019. The people still in progression only get 50 cents.

542thruNthru

So I'm guessing you got your last progression raise on Aug. 1, 2018? that took you to $13.50? The 20 cent is the makeup from then. The good news is you get the contractual raise on Aug. 1, 2019. The people still in progression only get 50 cents.

What do you mean by still in progression?

If you didn't make seniority by Aug 1st 2018 you're making $13 a hour. This August they would be making $14. So it's a $1 raise correct?

Boston25

I had a guy in my building with the same issue.he was making $13.50 now $13.70.that cant be correct,the gwi was .70 cents so both of u should be at $14.20.even if u subtract the dollar skilled pay the math doesn't ad up,maybe since the raise actually was a week early it will get corrected.
I was told 13.50 to 13.70 is correct.