I totally would not cross a picket line.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
I've always thought UPS plans for years down the road.
And the Teamsters plan only for the moment. I just feel our negotiators just aren't in the same league as UPS negotiators.
Teamster negotiator at work.
h-baby-in-a-suit-960x540.jpg

Grey

I could never cross but I wouldn’t treat someone differently who did. We have our own lives and problems.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I could never cross but I wouldn’t treat someone differently who did. We have our own lives and problems.
Wrong. You cross you are showing you don't stand behind your brothers and sisters and that you're only in it for yourself. Crossing shows how selfish you really are. Those people deserve everything that happens to them and believe me, from the stories I've heard, you don't want to a scab crossing the picket line. At that point you may as well resign because the rest of your career will be hell.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
You cross you are showing you don't stand behind your brothers and sisters and that you're only in it for yourself. Crossing shows how selfish you really are.

you nailed it. i feel the same about people willing to vote yes on this contract knowing although it may look good for them in there region, its in fact bad for so many others. voting yes on a contract when you know its bad for some of your brothers and sisters is as bad as scabbing.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
you nailed it. i feel the same about people willing to vote yes on this contract knowing although it may look good for them in there region, its in fact bad for so many others. voting yes on a contract when you know its bad for some of your brothers and sisters is as bad as scabbing.
Its like the Jews during the holocaust that became guards and helped the Nazis find other jews for them, just so they could spare their own lives. Selling your own out for your own hide puts you on the same level as the ones we are fighting. Like rats trying to escape a sinking ship.

Grey

Wrong. You cross you are showing you don't stand behind your brothers and sisters and that you're only in it for yourself. Crossing shows how selfish you really are. Those people deserve everything that happens to them and believe me, from the stories I've heard, you don't want to a scab crossing the picket line. At that point you may as well resign because the rest of your career will be hell.

I wasn’t asking if it was right or wrong. Idk what is going on in someone's life that determines their decisions. If someone had a kid with cancer or something and needed to work they probably couldn’t care less about some lowlife keying their car in the parking lot for working.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I wasn’t asking if it was right or wrong. Idk what is going on in someone's life that determines their decisions. If someone had a kid with cancer or something and needed to work they probably couldn’t care less about some lowlife keying their car in the parking lot for working.

They can get other jobs in the meantime. Not walking a picket line is more acceptable than crossing it. Even if I weren't prepared for a strike, I'd never cross. I love the idea of staring down the company and seeing who blinks first. I would rather see the company crash and burn as a result of their own greed than be so dependent on the job that I'd vote yes on a contract that will undermine the very people who make the company what it is. I don't need this job, I got on just fine before I had it, I'll be fine if it goes away. The company, however, needs us, maybe it's time to remind them of this.

llamainmypocket

That's what you say but when people cross the picket line they threaten your job and the future of our union. Enough people cross and it's game over.

How are you going to feel about those people when it comes down to it?

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba

the driver who spent so much time on the road all these years he wasn't around enough for his wife who left him and took half and his kids that both became drug addicts and got into all sorts of expensive legal troubles and a couple rehabs and robbing him blind and maxing out his credit. there is no easy way to quickly replace a $1000 a week. whos gonna hire someone temporary for big money knowing the strike wont last? thats the guy who might cross. life beat the crap out of him already. he dont care if ya key his 30 year old car.

over9five

Staff member
You might not care if someone keys your car, but as a man, don't you have to have self respect to continue your life?
I don't think I could live being a bottom feeding scum scab. How can you live when no one respects you?